Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i own a 2014 renault megane estate gt line and i would like to travel abroad driving it...is there any way i could change the car speedometer to km/h from the car software because europe is using this measuring sistem and it would be easyer for me to respect the road speed limits??

Thank you:)

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,500 Posts
Go through your setting menu...it will be in there.
Cars with MPH display must be changeable to Metric by the owner/driver

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Have you looked on youtube? I found several videos showing how to change it, not specifically your exact car, but the methods were all very similar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you looked on youtube? I found several videos showing how to change it, not specifically your exact car, but the methods were all very similar.
Yes, i've had but none of the methods works 😭

·
Premium Member
51 plate Laguna 2 1.6
2,127 Posts
I know it's not what you asked, but we've never done this and we do (did) half our driving on the continent. The red km marks on the speedometer have been sufficient.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know it's not what you asked, but we've never done this and we do (did) half our driving on the continent. The red km marks on the speedometer have been sufficient.
Yes, it is true but the red numbers are so small and if the car comes with an electronic display why shouldn't use it!??

·
22,500 Posts
Yes, it is true but the red numbers are so small and if the car comes with an electronic display why shouldn't use it!??
Ah...... if you have a dial speedo with Km/h markings, that is all there is to satisfy the regulations.
The speedo must be able to show both or either/or but if it shows both, there will be no facility to change AFAIK

·
22,500 Posts
analogue.
but it also displays speed on the lcd where other messages are displayed. I want to change that one!
Hmmmm
The law says that vehicles with MPH display must also be capable of either being changed to metric simply or have a dual display.
An analogue dial will normally have a dual display so that satisfies the legal side.
Vehicles like my old Scenic had a digital display only but could be changed from settings using the stalk controls.

Whether yours will for the digital display...dunno?
I assume you've had a good look through settings?
If it isn't there, I suspect that the answer is that the vehicle complies with the legal requirements and Renault haven't enabled anything more then that.

They don't in the other direction to allow Km/h to be changed to MPH, there is no legal requirement in that direction.
Some of our members have used Renault speaking diagnostics to change that one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Speedometer Odometer Automotive lighting Tachometer Trip computer
well. legal stuff does not help me much with actually changing the spedo :D
here is how the meter looks like.
on the right side there is a meter where i'd like to change the units. also I would change mpg --》 l/100 km too!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts