Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BRECON On Thursday 21st June between 6 and 9 there will be the Military cermony of "Beating the retreat"this will start fron the center of town and process to the Barracks in the Watton. The military bands will then entertain us with music and precision marching. The ceremony has a long tradition with the town and this year may be the last such cermony to take place in Brecon. There is car parking near the barracks just off the Watton mini roundabout (opp Rugby Club). This your chance to see a bit of history perhaps for the last time. If you want more details e mail me and I'll do my best to help

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
You post some Pics of the event Mike as I am sure there are quite a few on the Forums who would find this of interest .

Regards

Ottoman

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just as a taste of what happens here military wise have a look at last year's Gurkha Parade at
BBC - Mid Wales Brecon Life - Gurkha Parade 2006
This event will take place again in September in Brecon town center and is FREE, if anyone wants details let me know also in Sept is the Gurkha Durbar which is open to the public and is held at Dering Lines just outside town on the eastern approach. This event is a good day out for all the family whether young or old, if you've not tasted a real Gurkha curry now's your chance, the kids will love the displays and things to climb on whilst mum, dad and the grandparents relax.
Brecon has a lot more to offer those of you wanting a day out so come on and visit.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Parade pics

got some pics but how do I post them on the forum?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts