Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello eveyone, this is more for the chefs of this forum,

i'm cooking a lasagne for 10 poeple tonight, how much minced meat do you think i'll need from the butchers?

ive cooked one before for 2 poeple, only i opened my mouth saying how good it was, now everyone wants a peice of the cake:rofl:

it would be good start if i knew how much meat is needed:)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Better to much than not enough .... 2 minced cows should be easily enough, or as my mum would say 1/4lb for each person and 1/4lb for the pot ... technical knowledge exhausted :d

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:) @above. so 1/2 pound for each person 5pound it is then. it can always be reheated.
this is going to be funny, getting p1ssed and cooking at the same time, i hope my mum doesn't like her new kitchen that much :) (she's gone to new york for the week).

S

·
0 Posts
how about i don't normally buy it otherwise i wouldn't be asking:) - mummy does:rofl:
Using a proxy shopper is cheating!

Better to much than not enough .... 2 minced cows should be easily enough, or as my mum would say 1/4lb for each person and 1/4lb for the pot ... technical knowledge exhausted :d
I agree. You can always fish a bit out if it won't fit in t'pan!

S

·
0 Posts
:) @above. so 1/2 pound for each person 5pound it is then. it can always be reheated.
this is going to be funny, getting p1ssed and cooking at the same time, i hope my mum doesn't like her new kitchen that much :) (she's gone to new york for the week).
You've not advertised the event on MySpace yet then?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
DOH Chris but how big is the pack of veggie mince - I usually work it out at a quarer pound per person - depends what you having with it HIc! Hic!:rofl:

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
this is going to be funny, getting p1ssed and cooking at the same time
Dont joke Keith Floyd made a very sucessful television career out of doing just that ......

I can see it now "phill.c on mince" 20:00, thursdays on Living TV.

:rofl:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts