Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
Please can you answer this question for me..

my new laguna has not got folding mirrors, can i buy the parts required and fit this myself?

thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
there is no reason why you cant mate just involves fitting a wiring loom and the internal door switch, may be an expensive mod though, do you realy need them.

Regards Phill J

·
Registered
4 Posts
You may find that the looms are already installed and you may just need the mirrors and the controling swtich gear

rich

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Yep - you will need new mirrors and a new switch. As said the wiring is probably already in place.

I actually find the mirrors very useful - if you meet another car in a narrow lane etc you can just fold your mirrors in to crteate a little more space, they are useful in car parks, so when people brush past the car they don't "bend" the mirrors.
Also when putting the car away in the garage I can fold the mirrors away allowing me to pull over to the passenger side slightly more to allow more space on the drivers side to get out.

I know you can fold the mirrors in by hand - but that means leaning over,opening window etc etc - so much easier just to flick a switch.

Depending on how much it costs would be an indication of how much you really want to do it. It probably wouldn't be worth spending hundredsbut if you can get the mirrors from a breakers yard then it probably would.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts