Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A friend of a friend who is a mechanic reckons its the turbo thats knackered without even seeing it!

Is this a load of crap do you reckon?

Today I noticed its blowing white smoke out of the exhaust under load!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just had the computer diagnostic machine on the car and its showing a fault with the glow plugs and also the EGR valve.
Which would you sort 1st as I hear a problem/fault with one leads to a fault on the other?

It's worth mentioning that when the throttle is on full load (which clears the misfire) lots of black smoke comes out of the exhaust. Boost is as powerful as ever and the car pulls very well all the way through the rev range on full load.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After servicing the car inc changing the glowplugs, I attempted to remove the EGR valve - 2 hours later and no luck as its stuck fast!

I disconnected the electrical connector and the car no longer misfires - still blowing black smoke out on full load.

I also noticed alot of oil in the turbo pipe from the manifold to the intercooler.

Is the turbo buggered?
If so I wont bother messing with the EGR valve - will just sell it cheap.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
If the turbo seals are shot you'll need to replace the turbo and its feed and return pipes plus strip the inlet system including the intercooler for a clean out.

A refurb turbo on its own will probably cost around the £300 mark but you'll need to check.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks

I have seen a few turbos for the £300 mark

Any ideas who much someone would charge to fit it and clean the pipework out etc and how long it would take?

I had the car remapped so would I need that doing again afterwards?

Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.