Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i recently bought a Renault Clio 1996 model. Its My first car:)

Iv had it five days now but the immobiliser now just wont turn off. The central locking is not working either. Obviously since the immonbiliser is not turning off i cant start my car. Is there anyway to bypass the immobiliser? Iv tried removing the fuse but that has'nt worked. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, thanks for your replay. Im not to sure what kind of key i have? Im not too sure what IR or IF means. I think there may be some dampness in the sensor. There seemed to be some leaking yesterday. Il check the FAQ. Thanks :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Iv had a wee look through the FAQ and i think its the IR sensor i have. The sensor is definately damp. So having pulled the housing of, do i unclip the, what seems to be a circuit board just behind the sensor and dry this with a hairdryer?

Also when i first started trying to start the car the engine would start and then immobiliser would just kill the engine. Now it just turns over but wont start. Is this normal?

Thanks again for your help.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to ask again, but i cant seem to figure out how to disconnect the multiplug. It all seems to be fixed in place. Short of disconnecting all the wires individually.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I actualy cant thank you enough! Done exactly what you said and the car started immediately!

Thanks for your help!:)

Frazer.

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
nice on Chris

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, there's water coming in from the sunroff. Took off the pannelling from the roof the car and it was filled with toilet roll and stuff. So Its clearly been a problem for the last owner, they just didnt tell me! Duck taped over the sunroof as a quick fix just now. Again, thanks for your help.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts