Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I've just got a 1998 Megane and the door open warning light won't go off.
Any ideas on the best way to find out which one is faulty and how do they come out?
I had a quick try with the drivers door but was on the verge of breaking it so thought I'd better stop!

Rory

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi rory, they are a bit fiddly to get out, you need to remove the outer rubber boot first then with a tiny screwdriver or a pick and a pair of long nosed pliers! you need to pull with the pliers and at the same time push the prongs in with a lot of patients it will come out! easiest way to try and work out which is playing around is check that all the pins have theirrubber boots on them, make sure you cant push any of them into the body! only bit that should move is the midfdle pin!
go round to each door and tape each pin down untill the warning light goes out! there are also one in the tailgate and if it has a split tailgate where the glass also opens theres a pin switch there to, also you may find one under the bonnet to!
happy hunting bigshow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Bigshow, I've found them all and only the middle pin moves on each of them.
I'll try taping them down next!

Rory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts