Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, so I'm approximately 1000 miles from home and currently having to drive stood up, the back adjuster on my mk1 phase 2 cab won't recline past vertical. It'll go further forward though just to rub salt in. Now I'll posting this on my Nokia 9010 without my glasses whilst I make a lovely mug of coco ( I'm very old ) and have searched the forum but get everything but anything relevant. The seat moves back forwards, the height adjustment works to a fashion ( when it wants ). This is all down I believe to Renois revenge ( stood up since December 21, swapped clutch week ago and now in South of France ) . Ps he does get lots of love and here now his oil is absolutely clear but struggling at 42mpg on e10. 47 to 50 on e5. Help please guys.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,465 Posts
Cab, being cabriolet?

No real easy way, you need to take the back part of the seat cover away from the seat
Seat out its not to bad, as you can then un clip the rings holding the upholstery on the back
You can then lift it up enough to see what part of the cable has snapped
WOULD check you can actually get this cable first

BUT thats saying its the cable, and the actual bar has not seized
Does there feel any pressure on the handle when you lift it,
Again, its really a seat out job
AND these seats are heavy

You send the seat forward, and undo the two rear bolts , then send it back and undo front bolts, you then tilt the full seat back to get at the connectors, with a piece of cardboard, or carpet on the floor of the car going over the inner sill , you can then get it out without damaging the paint work, carpet, or rubber seal
Its easier with two people, one gets at the front, and the other person through passenger side lifts the rear ( Weaker of the two is inside to guide more so than lift )
(If you were 40 you could do it on your own,
But as the age gets the better of us, we now need a helper )

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply. Seat still folds forward just won't recline past "vertical". There seems to be tension on the handle. This will have to wait until I'm back in the UK a week hence cheers John

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fixed well sort of. I didn't realise there's also a tilt handle on the other side of the seat ie furthest away from the door. Just tried it bingo seat now reclined. I'll look into why what this door side is or isn't doing - even going to read the cars owners manual

1 - 6 of 6 Posts