Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently looking at changing the Laguna for a Scenic. My budget does'nt quite stretch to a MKII Scenic so have been looking at the previous shape (2001-2003 ish).

I really want to stay with diesel power but don't want to end up with the 80 bhp version. Is there an easy way to tell if it's the 80 or 105 bhp version I'm looking at?

Cheers people :d

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm....

Have been looking on Autotrader etc, and quite a few are advertised as 1.9dci 80bhp. So assumed there was the two versions!?!?

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
Not sure Matt. You will probably find that it is the lower spec models that have the 80bhp engine. But Dynamique,Privilege wil have the 105bhp engine.

Have you driven a 1.9dci 105bhp scenic? We did and weren't that impressed. It is a long way short of the 120bhp 1.9dci.

At the time we had a 90bhp 2.0hdi Citroen Picasso - it drove at least as well if not better than the Scenic 105bhp. There was nothing wrong with the Scenic, it went well, just we expected it to be better. Wife has a weak shoulder ( after an accident) and found the Scenic handbrake hard to operate so that ruled it out anyway.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
if the dci on the side skirt/bumper strip has a blue c this signifies that it is the 105bhp version on the MkIIs, not sure if the 105bhp is avail in the MkIs.
Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts