Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I had to put a new ignition barrel in my 1999 1.2 8v petrol (no central locking or key circuitry) when I was putting it all back together the decoder ring broke so I ordered a second hand one. I changed both of the key transponders over very gently and put it all back together but it will not start. When you turn on the ignition the immobiliser light flashes fast and car will just not fire. I'm just wondering as there is no sequence to go through central locking is there another way to reset everything. I've tried disconnecting the battery. I would appreciate any help very much.
Kind regards, Thomas

·
Registered
32 Posts
I don't have an answer, but do you have a picture of the transponders you moved, or can you can describe them?

If it doesn't help anyone get you going, it may help me, because I want to move the transponder to a new key :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMG-20200511-WA0013.jpeg

I don't have an answer, but do you have a picture of the transponders you moved, or can you can describe them?

If it doesn't help anyone get you going, it may help me, because I want to move the transponder to a new key :)
Hope this helps. Be careful as they're jammed in tight and quite delicate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
View attachment 183952 View attachment 183952

Hope this helps. Be careful as they're jammed in tight and quite delicate.
The little grey blob? My original key (Mk 2, pre facelift) doesn't have one of those! I looked, because I've move one of those before.

Mine has a PCB only, which seems to be remote control and immob combined. That copper-coloured bit is in about the same place, but it seems to be wired into the board, so I haven't had the guts to try unsold
ering it :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bit late but it might help someone else in the future.
The chip that has been swapped to another key looks like it may be damaged. Take the key to a decant autolocksmith and ask him to check the chip.
We dont charge for this and it only takes 5 seconds.
The other key has an inter grated chip soldered to the pcb.
Thanks
Mario

1 - 7 of 7 Posts