Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
15 mm front 25 mm rear lower springs(PI springs).

Then again remember the coupe is 12 mm lower than the other models as standard.

Wheels 225/35/20 front and 235/35/20 rear.

This essentially means front ride height is standard coupe and rear ride height is lowered 6mm :)

are the arches filled tho..yes they are!

anything over 15 mm front and 25 mm rear with normal size wheels and tyres, which yours are and you will be draggin, watching speed bumps etc.

Ive a few posts around bout wheels n springs..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well av seen 35mm H&R springs on euro carparts, I measured up and they should be fine leaving plenty of room, there are a few different springs on euro performance aswell with 30mm front 40mm rear Pi/cobra/spax xxs.

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
shrug
my tyres are 15-19 mm oversize.. essentialy yes even on the coupe if you drop you can go 30-40 mm IF you keep to a standard tyre size for the wheel and still have clearance.

The problem is unless you just toddle around cruisin the level pavement .you will catch on stuff at greater than 30mm drop on the coupe.
Mine when I put the regular wheels n tyres back on for winter..it catches on speedbumps occasionally.
If I was 30mm lower instead of 15 front 25 rear..lets just say itd be harder to keep lookin coolwhile still worrying about grind/crunch.

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
K ,mine are PI springs(ebay).They look roughly the same.. same colour anyway:).

Im fairly sure they also had 30/40 for the coupe.
My 15/25 actually dropped like 17/27 after bedding in.

I wonder are they really just 30/40 for a "normal" meg 3 which is 12mm higher as standard :d

nb: my n/s strut gaiter split/separated when the car was a year+ old. Guarantee wouldnt cover it cos lower springs had been fitted.
I repaired it myself(covered in some thread somewhere).

I suspect that the same gaiter thats used on regular meg 3's is used on coupes.
Thatd mean it can adjust to a 12 mm drop np,but my 15-17mm extra may have strained it too much.
There isnt a lot of movement space even with15 extra drop.
The rear ,have a look at the bump stops.
I can compress to them with a moderate load on 25 mm.40mm there wont be a lot of travel.

Just things to be aware of.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Wee update:

Ended up getting spaxx springs 30/40 drop, fitted them today, so far so good. Had my wheels tracked the guy said "they were out by a baw hair" cant complain at that.

I got the springs from europerformance.com tbh wouldnt use them again really poor service!

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Soo far it's not bad, cornering is totally different, ride is still fairly comfortable, and still high enough to clear speed bumps lol

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
As a matter of interest ;).Did you check ride height before n after.
As mentioned above Im not sure if my 15mm front and 25 mm rear are actually 30 mm front and 40mm rear for a regular non coupe megane 3.
I do know the actual height drop is 17mm front and 27mm rear.
For example :d
I recently bought a 2003 tt.On that there are 2 standard suspension heights
1.is prefacelift(pre 2003)

2.is post facelift or pre 2003 sports/rs ;)

Height difference is 20mm.

Only component differences are the springs.

On the TT there is confusion on buying aftermarket springs ,some are listed at 40mm but only drop 20 mm..and so on,cos of the above reasons.

Id also keep an eye on your front strut gaiters.
I dont think theyre designed to handle a 30 mm drop in addition to the normal 12 mm extra coupe drop.
One of mine ripped.
The other still seems to be ok.
It was the n/s passenger side that seperated and thats the one that does most of the work over irregular surfaces.

Its not a structural thing,but would leave the shock strut open to rapid wear.MoT aspects Im not sure on either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I had checked the height before i ordered my springs but i cant remember what it was:think: and ive not measured it yet to see where im at yet, looking by eye id say the rear has dropped more than 40mm tho as it was about an 80mm gap before. I will take a measure tomorrow and post what i get.

Yeah i will keep an eye on the gaiters, i remember seeing you said this in one of your posts. Thanks:d

1 - 12 of 12 Posts