Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • I have just bought a mk4 clio which is great apart from when steering straight ahead it will veer slightly to the right, no matter what the road camber is. Has anyone else had this problem.

·
Registered
26 Posts
  • I have just bought a mk4 clio which is great apart from when steering straight ahead it will veer slightly to the right, no matter what the road camber is. Has anyone else had this problem.
Could be just the tracking m8

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a bit more than tracking, alignment was checked by dealer and all ok so I had a 4 wheel alignment done showed the rear were not correct, after much debate, it's now with Renault uk who are going to change all the tyres, so we will see what happens I'm not convinced about this,when the alignment was checked(not adjusted) they changed over the front wheels which greatly improved matters until the tyres wore in a bit, now back in problems.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have received the car back and it seems to be OK, they have changed all 4 tyres to Michilin energy, from Conti sport, and checked the rear alignment again, don't know if they adjusted the rear. I hope it stays OK not goes back to pulling as the tyres wear in. All in all a good result from Renault UK.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there i was wondering if you could help me, i work for a renault dealership in romford, essex and we have a similar problem with a brand new clio pulling to the right, i was wondering if you wouldnt mind emailing me your registration number so that i can pull up the case with RUK as it may help. my email address is [email protected] and my contact number is 01708 794072. Many thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
Are the alloy wheels were scratched at the time you had this problem? I have the same problem and they (Renault) trying to say that it is normal and could be a result of scratched alloy wheels durning parking. Don't believe them especially after first service they said the both the tires on the front and the rear nearside are more worn than the rear tire offside. Waiting now for next temporary vehicle to check if is the same or not. At the meantime in my vehicle will be checked wheel geometry and brake calipers on the right side.
Any more suggestions what to do? This can not be ok for 1 year old vehicle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Could you maybe upload picture of the wheel alignment papers?

And of course have you chekced for things like if the brakes on one side are a little bit stuck? This is often a sinner.
Also checked that there is no air leaking from one of the tires?

It could very well be the road too. Sometimes when we have customers complaining a lot about this we adjust the steering wheel a tad to one side to complement the tragicly bad roads here.

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
Think it would be worth posting a picture of the "scratched" wheels as kerbing can often knock the steering geometry out

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,793 Posts
Scrapes ..but nothing substantial ...doubtful if enough to upset geometry in my opinion

·
Registered
8 Posts
Dear all. I just received wheel geometry result, and it look is everything ok.
Next step is to replace shock absorbers on the front. I had another Clio (2017, 1.2 petrol, on 16" wheels) to compare and behaves differently, better, like mine before.
I am looking for help because Renault says the car behavior is normal and everything is due to the slope of the road which for me can not be right

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Anything else about this problem? Mine 2015 mk4 also the same problem. Shock change, tires change, alignment but nothing happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
Anything else about this problem? Mine 2015 mk4 also the same problem. Shock change, tires change, alignment but nothing happens.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there i was wondering if you could help me, i work for a renault dealership in romford, essex and we have a similar problem with a brand new clio pulling to the right, i was wondering if you wouldnt mind emailing me your registration number so that i can pull up the case with RUK as it may help. my email address is [email protected] and my contact number is 01708 794072. Many thanks.
Hi just wondered if you ever go to the bottom of the problem? We have an issue with my daughter’s 2015 Clio drifting to the right. Thanks

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,270 Posts
Get the steering angle set then get it tracked
Any car with electric power steering, if its pulling after its tracked and no other fault can be found
Then its get steering angle reset, then you will need to get it re tracked

1 - 16 of 16 Posts