Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have had an intermittent rough idle for a while. it is broken into two areas?

1. Idle when station randomly gets stuck at 900 rpm vs 700rpm (for example) a car off and on sorts this problem.
2. when at idle intermittently the idle will drop low and the car shakes.

I have had the car checked out but typically it doesnt do the issues so hard for them to diagnose. Plug in management for faults done and no major faults so all cleared. Faults had to do with cruise control and windows but done.

Throttle body cleaned.

No one seems to know whats wrong and very frustrating.

Car performs well in most other areas. Full consumption is high but due to my heavy foot maybe, however the best I get on the motor way is 45mpg which i am not sure is normal for this engine?

any help or advice?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,703 Posts
Cruise Control will not work on ANY car make or model if ECU senses something up with a sensor, so this will always show on any diagnostic machine.
Only time this is a problem if its Only CC not working.
What were the Pending codes, ignore windows, as this again the machine will pick up a fault if a battery has been taken off, and then the window control module logs a fault..
is the engine management light on, at any time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cruise control fault must have been old as have never had any problems with it and works perfectly.

i have no warning lights showing or ever had any show.

There is no smoke or diesel puffs when accelerating. The car runs as advertised (bar this idle issue), no lack of power and has top end is still very good (wont mention how far it will go past 100)

·
37,703 Posts
Does it idle ok if clutch is dipped?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope. and again this is intermittent. For example. started the car and while inputting some sat nav data the idle issue began so i thought i would head over to my local garage and by the time i got there the idle was fine again.... arghhhh

not sure if it could be a fuel filter, injector or ecu forgetting the settings.....

·
37,703 Posts
Sounds more engine temperature related,,, as in engine coolant temperature sensor,

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
21,961 Posts
If it is only when cold started...after sitting for a while, I'd agree with Ourkid that a sensor like coolant temp sensor could be issue.
I'd also be thinking on fuel feed.
Do you know if yours has electric feed pump or primer bulb?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts