Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I am just wondering if anyone has modded the standard mobile phone holder in the latest model of the Trafic so that it can hold larger phones (like the Sony Z3, Samsung S6 etc). If so, i would love to here any tips about what you have done :smile2:

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
Hi All,
I am just wondering if anyone has modded the standard mobile phone holder in the latest model of the Trafic so that it can hold larger phones (like the Sony Z3, Samsung S6 etc). If so, i would love to here any tips about what you have done :smile2:

Cheers
You've got a Holder, Luxury.............. All I have is a sucker on the Windscreen. :frown2:

Welcome

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of wish they had just supplied a sucker on the windscreen instead of bolting something to my dash that is completely useless unless you use an iphone:)

It's a bit weird that they have gone to the trouble of putting these into the vans and then not made them a universal mount?!

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,209 Posts
The daft thing is,,,,, Renault are in partnership with Samsung.
How to bleed more money out of a customer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont suppose you have a link to your brochure do you? I am in Australia and our brochure doesnt offer any alternatives (although £84 sounds a bit ridiculous for a phone holder)! I think you a right about them wanting to gouge as much money as possible!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone manage to remove this phone holder? I want to screw the base of my GPS into the plastic top of the dash where the phone holder is anchored down to. The bloody thing is useless seeing as I have an iPhone 6S. Its too short to hold it so whats the point of it ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had the same problem. I have removed it and replaced it with the coin holder from the base model. Interestingly the Renault parts system does not list the coin tray it always points to the phone holder even when given the VIN of a base model. My mechanic who has access to the parts system had to phone the main dealer who had to phone Renault UK and then the factory to get the part number!

The part number you need is 68 81 092 99R.

To remove it all you have to do is hold the phone cradle and lift it forwards towards the windscreen. This leaves a hole in which the coin tray will fit.

You do have to remove 2 clips to fit the coin tray but these just prise out with a trim removal tool (guitar plectrums work well for this).

If you want to keep/modify the mount it it possible to remove the phone part of the cradle and you could screw/tie the other mount to it. To do this press on the ribbed clip and slide the holder and cradle in different directions.

It looks so much nicer in the van now with it gone! Makes getting to the cubby hole easier too.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,619 Posts
I can see the picture mate, sorry for my ignorance, I'm confused what you did to modify the holder, still looks standard unless you've modified your choice of phone and it now fits? ;)
Not a scoobie mate, twasn't me, I was just having problems with pics on this site yesterday.
All I can say is look at the pic and see if your thought on the rubbers being cut makes sense.
Compare it to your holder.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts