Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi does any one know where the fuel filter is located,car now done 33,000 miles and misfireing on tickover not so noticable underload ,changed the plugs no difference,still on original leads n ignition coil

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi, I have a 1.5 dci and the fuel filter is located behind the driver's side wheel arch lining. It might be the same on your model. If you can follow the fuel leads see if they head in that direction.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Not all petrol engined Renault even have an external fuel filter but if yours has one it will likey be located underneath the car around the front of the fuel tank. Get underneath and follow the fuel lines back from the engine - if one is fitted you'll soon bump into it.
It's very are indeed for a fuel filter to cause problems at idle. If blocked then fuel starvation is most likely to occur at times of high demand such as accelerating up hills, etc.

A misfire on tick over can be due to a number of things such a failing ignition, poor fuel mix, and tight valve clearances - to name but a few.:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks 4 your reply people,will have a look tomorrow,it misses every 10-15 seconds,im hoping its this,when i gave unipart my reg number they said i had a filter so bought one,other than this car ok,hope its not coil n leads, ive also had my obd on and it threw up code p0300 random/multiple cylinder misfire detected:crazy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts