Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 Modus 1.5 auto has a problem. It has the 5 speed QS box & when its cold, (first time start) there is "Clutch Judder" when moving away. This goes after a while & is only noticeable on occasions when its been running for a while. 55K miles. Any help would be apreciated.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
Hello,

Don't know what the fault could be, but have you tried moving away with the gearbox in manual mode to see if there is any difference or with more gas? Other then that how do you find the quickshift gearbox?

Harry.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, makes no difference at all, shudder is worse if you boot it. Apart from that its fine, a bit slow changing gear, the delay is probably the same as a manual gear change.

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aparently, the clutch is basicly the same as a "normal" clutch, but operated electrically & hydraulicly. so, before the warranty expired I insisted Renault replace the clutch. Upon stripping, they found the release bearing had a hydraulic leak & had contaminated the clutch plate. I had to pay £50 toward the job but I now have a new clutch assembly & new release bearing assembly.

Oh, & the judders gone too!:d

1 - 4 of 4 Posts