Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Can you please advise on replacement of this filter and where it is located on the car

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is this filter a easy change job? I have not had a diesel for yonks and am expecting to bleed air from the fuel system after a filter change. If its needed where are the bleed valves/points?

Or maybe with a common rail system the need to bleed went out with the ark? Regards

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi the filter is easy to do jack the car up take off drivers side front wheel and the front half of the wheel arch liner it`s held on by 4 plastic plugs which pull out. You`ll see a steel plate covering the filter unbolt it and you can now see the filter, disconnect the fuel pipes and then lift the filter up off it`s mounting bracket. You need to bleed the system, under the bonnet drivers side you`ll see a pump on one fuel line, squeeze it till you see no more air bubbles in the fuel pipe. You must bleed the system or when you start the engine the pump will be running dry (not good). Go to the purflux site and download the instructions on changing the diesel filter for the Modus. Hope this helps.

Regards Richard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
What is the procedure for loosening the fuel pipes to the filter? I don't want to force anything in case I break a union. Also, how do you drain water from the diesel filter? Do you do it with the engine running?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Apologies to jump into another conversation but I am preplacing my fuel filter and found it with the advice off this site.
I have removed plugs easily and about to fasten everything when I decided to squeeze the pump to fill the filter.
I noticed at the bottom of the filter there was no black plug thing to prevent fuel coming out.
I have contacted seller or is this an additional extra.
I'm not referring to the bleeding plug on the bottom, next to it is what I'm referring too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Very helpfull Recardo, Another problem was the rubber pump It had split, So the car would not start as the fuel would not go to the injecter pump, another tip is to fill the new filter with fuel befor fitting saves the injecter running dry and helps the pump to load fuel quicker.
B

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another tip is to fill the new filter with fuel befor fitting saves the injecter running dry and helps the pump to load fuel quicker.
B
Hi, yes a good tip...BUT only fill the inlet, NOT the outlet because that would mean unfiltered fuel going to the injectors. My own method is to attach a pump (one of those rubber bulb things) to the outlet spout, inject fuel into the inlet spout and using the pump, draw the fuel through the filter till it appears at the outlet. That way, there's no risk of contaminating the injectors.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,583 Posts
Should be a primer pump fitted just under the offside inner wing, No filling required.. Pump until firm(ish)
Now ask someone to crank as you pump.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts