Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I know this will sound stupid, but how do you remove the glove box on a modus (2007). I have removed the 5 screws, and cannot see any hidden catches but it wont move. Need to get it out as there is a annoying rattle behind it. any help will be very welcomed
:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, i had a similar prob, i removed the air vent so i could get my hand into the dash, there is a silver metal bracket with a black plastic circle through it & that was causing my rattle so i just wedged it in a couple of places with a lolly stick--- job done, good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the info,sorry not to get back quicker been away. how did you get the vents out, they dont seem to have any screws and dont look like they would just pull out:confused:. would appreciate the info as it could in deed be the same thing making the rattle. Thanks again for replying:d.
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
HI, i used a kitchen knife & just eased it out starting from the door side, the whole thing comes out & has several clips around it so its a lot easier than it looks. i located the rattle by reving the engine while leaning across so i could get my hand into the space, with mine it was a silver metal bracket with a u shape in it with something black sitting in the u, you can wedge the bracket on the right hand side where there is a small gap. good luck.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great thanks for that will give it a go, shame there does not seem to be many people posting info for the modus, thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts