Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Trying to figure out which fuse runs the lights behind the instruments on my Modus(55 plate). All the lights on the Speedo work fine but the lights behind the heater controls are dead.

Any clues? Fine during the day but becoming a slight hindrance at night!

Cheers all

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,736 Posts
Sure it's a fuse fault..
Go to your car, and try now
WITHOUT the side lights on.
Looking at your instrument cluster here
If you look carefully , you will see that when you turn your sidelights on, other bulbs light up, and Daytime (as such) lights go off, .

Would say you have bulb issues..

No fuse covering the bulbs you mention..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey mate,

Thought the same myself which I've confirmed after removing every fuse in the glovebox to check them all and all fine. I've had the fascia of the cluster out and cant for the life of me figure out how to get the midsection which contains the controls and lights themselves out. Can feel the lights from the back, even had the front of the cluster off to see if there was maybe a wiring issue but noticed it's all on a board - any tips on getting that unit out? Cheers

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,736 Posts
None on here then, sure the members have had these panels off..
Can you post a picture of your facia, or a few pictures, from gear lever up to the top of the dash..

·
Super Moderator
13,628 Posts
On Our Scenic & My Tragic, The heater illumination is On with Ignition, NOT Side lights.
Which is why they blow.
IIRC assembly should unclip.
BUT Set all controls to fully antiClockwise, As you have to align gears upon reassembly.
May be a couple of tiny screws holding it.
286 Bulbs required. 2 off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts