Independent Renault Forums banner

Modus sequential quickshift no crank

1K views 18 replies 2 participants last post by  igotalake 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

i'm trying to get a Modus 1.5 dci with the semi-automatic box to start.

The diagnostic readout of UCH is saying "Starter switch position -Cranking" when key is turned,

Readout of UPC says "Request sent to Injection or UPC - crank" when key turned.

Unfortunately the auto box computer is saying "Starter relay command - inactive".

I've got a drawing of the internals of the UPC which shows the starter relay and external connections which check out OK as does the relay and 25a fuse. The other side of the relay coil supply is where i need to follow the circuit but my drawing of the UPC internals shows a transistor symbol and then an arrow to nowhere.

Where does this relay get it's earth? I am suspecting the autobox computer as the injection computer has no mention of starter circuit on the diagnostic. Having said that the autobox appears to work and has no (relevant) fault codes.

Any help would be appreciated.

See less See more
#5 ·
Sorry about the photo, didn't think of that.

Modus is 2005, Clip says that start command is sent by body computer (UCH) to switching/protection unit (UPC) but no cranking. 12v is there at relay in the UCH but the relay coil is not being grounded via the UCH.
I am wondering how to decide if this is actually a knackered UCH or if there is a signal missing and the UCH is behaving as it should.

#6 ·
Starter Relay, and Fuse are in the UPC ,
Line of 5 relays, swap top with bottom and try
Starter motor fuse is Number 13 , from the top, white 25amp
I would never condemn a UCH over a UPC on a Renault
EVEN if Clip said it was UCH,

Post your Oval plate, and will have a look tonight for you

#7 ·
Oval plate is JP0F, year is in fact 2007

Clip is saying UCH gives start command: dunno if UPC is receiving start command.

The start command relay in the UPC needs an earth via the UPC and that is not happening.

The start relay iin the UPC is getting 12 v on the 'power' terminal and 12v on the coil terminal that needs it, but no earth on the other side of the coil.

#14 ·
i've been told it's 2007. i can't remember engine code that dialogys gives for the 4 digit oval plate code and i cant see on the motor as the code sticker is not readable. probably 85hp no intercooler.

but seriously if you need the exact engine code i will put it on the lift tomorrow afternoon and hopefully find it.

here's a picture of the UPC if thats any use.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.