Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know any tricks mods or secrets to make removing and replacing my modus spare wheel easier

My wife had a puncture the other day two helpful young men attempted to change the wheel ( with the manual) but could not release the spare

AA changed the wheel and when asked how it was done he said "call the AA the modus is an absolute pig!

pulling the wheel carrier cable up through the boot floor needs the handle to be way above your head
while the other hand engages the retaining nut

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Replacing the Modus spare wheel
Having started this one off I can finish it. An easy and simple way to reduce the cable lengh after alignment and before the final pull is to wrap the excess cable around a 100mm long 25mm diameter brush handle this doubles up as a cable reducer and a pull handle My thanks for previous contributions

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all. I had the same problem....:devil:... Unscrew the white fixing all the way. Push the cable handle forward and down and the wheel wouldn't budge. :devil:... I removed the cable handle, just yank it up it's only a push fit. If you look closely where you pulled the cable holder from, you can find the ends of a large circlip almost hidden by a plastic tab.... That is supposed to spread apart when you push the cable holder forward and release the wheel. The circlip gets stuck due to non-use or corrosion. Using a screwdriver etc, move the circlip from one side to the other to free it up and the wheel will fall to the ground....It's then an easy job to remove the mechanism, 3 bolts and clean and lubricate so it never sticks again....:d:d:d

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.