Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all just thought i would see who watched the race this afternoon and what your opinions were?

I thought Hamiltion had another good race but think mentally Alonso was stronger, apart from that i didnt think it was that thrilling. Was there any overtaking? I must have blinked and missed it if there was?

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
It's always won or lost in the pits at Monaco though, not really friendly track for overtaking.

I sort of watched it as I had TV running in bottom corner of my PC whilst doing other things on it. Didn't really have any moments that grabbed my attention. Still good to see Hamilton carry on with yet another podium though!

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess the problem with Monaco is that because they have the flappy paddle gear changes nobody misses the gears like they would have done years ago and that would have helped to jump someone out of the corners and with the track been so tight you cannot go two abreast into a corner like on a proper race track.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
it was good to see alonso pushing it ala 4 wheel drifting into the chicane :d
i think trulli didn't help hamilton very much under the blue flags tho :(

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi Dave not that great at all i thought, i have said this before i hate Alonso with a Passion:d and as for Young Hamilton he is doing very good indeed he is the up and coming world champion for sure,Next time Ferrari i hope.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes i think that was a bit unfair or Trulli, would have been interesting to see what the team orders had been if Hamilton had jumped Alonso on the pit stops.

I know people might say Hamilton has got the best car and the best people helping him but to be fair he is driving a 200mph+ car which still needs to be pointed in the right direction and the right speed and he has to stop the thing before hitting a barrier or another car. This is why i like the touring cars as the have a bit more contact and will play a bit naughty as they know they can get away with it more often than not. Has anyone every seen touring cars live as i fancy going.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Think its only £20 for a day or there abouts not much more if it is, i am thinking of going to Croft soon as its the closest to me in the country. I also like the bikes too so may go to Cadwell for the BSB too. I went to Donnington last year for the Renault World Series and really enjoyed it, even my wife was getting into it so i have ordered tickets again for this year.

·
Premium Member
1,708 Posts
The Monaco GP is one of my favourite to watch and todays was pretty good! Loved the camera view from the nose cone of Hamiltons car, really showed just how fast they go round those streets! :d

Touring cars are cool too! Last time I went to watch a BTCC race they were just starting to use the Volvo estates!! :rofl:
World Touring Cars are mad too! Saw them a couple of years ago at Silverstone, and the racing is as close and as fast as BTCC!

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
OH's just told me that Maclaren are being investigated after yesterdays race. Anyone know what that's about:confused:

·
Registered
10 Posts
hamilton

I think the expectations on Hamilton have gone through the roof... at the start of the season Ron wouldnt have expected him to finish above Alonso or above Kimi and Felipe when they had the faster car... he's been so good he's got people expecting he can win the championship in his first season... and he just could.

he's fast, he beats more experienced drivers and he doesn't cheat to do it like Schumacher..

glad to see you follow Rossi - genius, up there with Senna

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi its all over team orders Hamilton should of won but his team held him back so to let Knob himself to win:steam: :steam:

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Personally i think Lewis (Hamilton is too long to keep typing:) ) could have run 1 or 2 laps longer than alonso on both pit stops which would have probably given him that extra 3 or 4 seconds to jump him on the pits. Lewis is going to be as good as Schumacher if not better and like you said without the cheating side of it. Just look at his first 2 races he was ducking and diving into the first corner and overtaking nice and cleanly without taking anyone of the race track. Now that is why millions of us have tuned back in to watch a sport that has been very boring in the last 3 or 4 years i know myself i always tune in to watch qualifying and the race. Still cant beat watching the MotoGP though that is egde of your seat stuff!:d

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hand on heart, I haven't watched an F1 race since Ayrton Senna died - the sport is as predictable as professional wrestling (but not as much fun).

Will definitely be watching Le Mans 24hours though - no room for prima donnas there!

BTCC events are good - I've been to a few - just bring your own refreshments - the prices are a complete rip off.

Paul:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Has anyone every seen touring cars live as i fancy going.
Went to round 1 at Brands this year, managed to get Corporate Hospitality tickets with Team RAC, so met both drivers, Colin Turkington and Tom Onslow-Cole, was allowed onto the grid before race 2, and spent some time in the pit garage. Food in the motorhome area was excellent, too! IIRC there was a Clio cup round as well. All in all a great day out, particularly as it was free.

Looking at the Monaco F1 race, it's probably the worst race in the year for my tastes, the only overtaking you see is of backmarkers under the Blue flag rules, so boring, and to call it the race everyone wants to see, as ITV seems to do, is a travesty.

Yet the bikes, be it The Doctor in Moto GP, or World Superbikes, or even Shaky etc in the British series, now that's racing, IMHO!!!

Malcolm

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Is that the guy with the Italian name?:d :d
Yes but a Scot still the same, I think you will find that many names in Britain have their origins from elsewhere in the world.

He is very Proud of his Scottish background as are all Scots..

Regards

Ottoman

1 - 20 of 24 Posts