Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
And the 33% who do save will probably be doing well to save £10 per year, whereas the ones who pay more are going to get stung for ten times that amount.

It's good of them to give with one hand while taking with the other. It's just a shame that the taking hand seems to be able to hold so much more.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the 33% who do save will probably be doing well to save £10 per year, whereas the ones who pay more are going to get stung for ten times that amount.

It's good of them to give with one hand while taking with the other. It's just a shame that the taking hand seems to be able to hold so much more.
They will always be tinkering with the system, bringing more and more into a higher tax bracket.

Look how they want to drop the exemption from the congestion charge for electric vehicles due to its massive uptake, I thought that was the whole point :crazy: :crazy:

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
They will always be tinkering with the system, bringing more and more into a higher tax bracket.

Look how they want to drop the exemption from the congestion charge for electric vehicles due to its massive uptake, I thought that was the whole point :crazy: :crazy:
:iagree: It is a joke. They just want you to change but when they realise everyone will and they will start to lose money they change it again so you are even worse off. It is ok the saying they want people to switch to newer greener cars but what about those who depend on their transport but can't afford anywhere near that. They will be forcing them into debt!!:steam:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My BMW is the same as the Scenic:crazy:

Current £170

From 2009 £205

From 2010 £210 ?

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
my lag dti 1.9 will be going up in 2010 by only £5.00 a year no price rise untill then so will I'm okay with that, might also help to keep the second hand value up slightly lol, but feel sorry for the other poor people with big rises.:d

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my lag dti 1.9 will be going up in 2010 by only £5.00 a year no price rise untill then so will I'm okay with that, might also help to keep the second hand value up slightly lol, but feel sorry for the other poor people with big rises.:d
Jeez oh some will have huge jumps, It will defo have an impact on some cars values that are 3 years old and entering the used market place:(

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder why you said that Hondo?:rolleyes: Just looked at yours, ouch. It jumps quite a bit for you doesn't it.

£145
£175
£250:crazy:

That's not good mate.

Ouch I presumed Hondo's would have been the same as my Scenic II ?

You would have thought they would be the same as both have the same engine ?

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Ouch I presumed Hondo's would have been the same as my Scenic II ?

You would have thought they would be the same as both have the same engine ?
I know. Mine is on the old tax bracket, i.e. the one with two options, lol. Mine is £185 now, I think I read it is the same next year but goes up to £200 in 2010. They are stealthily putting the older brackets up, even more than the £5 every couple of years like they used too.:steam:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know. Mine is on the old tax bracket, i.e. the one with two options, lol. Mine is £185 now, I think I read it is the same next year but goes up to £200 in 2010. They are stealthily putting the older brackets up, even more than the £5 every couple of years like they used too.:steam:
And they said **** Turpin was a highway man :(

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
Mmmmmm

£210 - £300 - £455!!!!

Anyone fancy a "go slow protest?"

What gets me is the fact that they have back dated the increase onto older cars!!!:steam:

·
Premium Member
1,965 Posts
Some of the older cars are big polluters, but I suppose it is easier to hit the newer reg cars.
Yep, just like my safrane. 2.5ltr yet because its registered in 1998, I pay less (which I obviously don't mind).

Although I'm releived that my tax isn't going to rocket upwards, what is fair about it? Ok my car is older and worth much less... plus at that age they tend to go wrong and go to the scrapper but even so... it pollutes more. The fact that some newer cars at the same size as mine pollute less as they're cleaner yet will have to pay more tax seems very odd.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
This is so unfair on people by backdating to 2002 vehicles onwards. People who have vehicles that are 4 or 5 years old face huge hikes in the road fund licence which only leaves them with an option to change their car for a lower banded vehicle. With the current down turn in the economy this is unrealistic for a lot of families. The least they could do is introduce the rise in road fund licences to new cars only, at least that way the purchaser would know in advance how much they stand to pay annually. Suddenly finding your road tax costs twice as much as it did when you purchased your car is tantamount to robbery.

And what really ticks me off is Brown and his cabinet are driven around in gas guzzling Range Rovers, Mercs and Beemers and they can claim the road licence back on expenses! :steam:

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
And what really ticks me off is Brown and his cabinet are driven around in gas guzzling Range Rovers, Mercs and Beemers and they can claim the road licence back on expenses! :steam:
Oh yes, that realy annoys me too. Just wish they could live like a normal person for once who can't claim their fuel and tax back on expenses. They might understand for once, they are sou out of touch it's frightening. :steam:

My VED is going up £90 to £260 next year then a futher tenner the year after. I wouldn't call my car a gas guzzler either, average size family car if you ask me.

I'll be getting rid I think, dunno if I can afford to as the prices on cars registered after 2001 is bound to drop. Depreciation on a Laguna is shocking as it is without this added to it. :steam:

Alreay tackled the petrol price issue by getting myself a 125 motorbike, just gotta get one of 3 choices for a car now.

1. Smaller engine
2. A diesel with less emissions.
3. An older car.

Fancy a protest anyone :d

·
Premium Member
1,184 Posts
Duplicate sorry!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts