Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There,

I am new to this but would really appreciate some help.

On Saturday I 'misplaced' my key, and had to break into my car!! I had a spare in the glovebox but when I tried it, suprise suprise it didnt work.

Assuming it was just a battery problem I replaced them and tried again. No joy im afraid :(

So my problem and question is..... How do you reprogram the Espace key?? Mine is a T reg RXE DT model (2.2) and I am keen to to have to take it into a dealership if possible.

Any help would be SO SO SO appreciated, Im really at the end of my tether at the mo!!:crazy:

Many Thanks:eek:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum iam sure about this but iam sure someone will help soon cheers Donald

·
Registered
21 Posts
Should be in the manual too although I do recall reading that a once programmed key cannot be used again for the new renaults, dont know if this applies to you?
Good luck

Renault Used Key Fobs
by: sogssurfers( 46)
84 out of 91 people found this guide helpful.
Guide viewed: 1637 times Tags: renault | scenic | laguna | megane

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although the used key fobs turn up and are relatively cheap they are a waste of money. I bought a used one for my Scenic and I have been told by three different Renault dealers that they cannot re-program them. The dealers say the fobs are linked to the car's chassis number. You will also need to buy a new key. So beware!

·
Premium Member
233 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi thanks for this too, I ran up at lunch to try and I am SO CHUFFED!!! It worked a treat!! Before that I called Renault and was booked in for Thursday at a cost of £64!!! Just to hold the central locking button down!!!

So happy to actually save money for once, has been an extrmely expensive experience!!

Many thanks to everyone here, the problem has been solved :) :):)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts