10K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  steveyg_uk 
#1 ·
Hi,

Just seen three items on advisory notice;-

001 - Offside rear Rear wheel bearing has slight play 2.6.2

002 - Parking brake lever has little reverse travel 3.1.6b

003 - Both iner rack steering joints have movement

<><>

can anyone give me an idea of parts costing for the above?

Also, what is parking brake lever? Is it the handbrake?

Iner rack steering joints - whats that?

#2 · (Edited)
The parking brake is reffering to the handbrake i assume it reads has little reserve travel will usually just mean the slight adjustment may be needed.

the inner steering rack joints are normally known as track rods they contain a ball joint close to the rack itself. can mean a new rack unless you can get new track rods???

if ive selected the right car the trackrods are 45.77 from euro carparts if that helps

#4 ·
The parking brake is reffering to the handbrake i assume it reads has little reserve travel will usually just mean the slight adjustment may be needed.

the inner steering rack joints are normally known as track rods they contain a ball joint close to the rack itself. can mean a new rack unless you can get new track rods???

if ive selected the right car the trackrods are 45.77 from euro carparts if that helps
Cheers/

#3 ·
According to the bill from my last MOT, cost are roughly:

£19.60 for adjusting the handbrake (0.4 hrs labour)

Assuming the inner rack steering joints means inner trackrods - £15.25 each and 0.9 hrs labour per side to fit.

Basically, you're looking around £140 plus however much it is for the wheel bearing.

As they are only advisories, I wouldnt worry too much until the next MOT comes round unless you do a mega mileage in the year

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.