Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where i'll get a copy of my computerised MOT and if it will cost me anything? It might just save me having to turn the whole house upside down looking for it :crazy:

TIA

·
Premium Member
13,522 Posts
I believe you can get a copy from DVLA, but obviously you will need some details,. ie the MOT station name and address, date etc

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
If you tax it online,I don't think you need the MOT certificate.The data base will already know if your car is MOT'd or not.You don't need to provide a certificate to get another MOT done either.

If you do still want a copy of your MOT certificate,then just go back to garage you had the last one carried out at and they can print one off using just the reg number of your car.They are within their right to make a charge(usually £10),but if you use your undoubted charm you might get away with a freebie!:d

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Just for the record you dont need it to tax online all you need is the reminder they send you and you type in the ref number on there, it then finds your mot and your insurance, if you have them of course so you need no other paperwork

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
i think you can go to any mot station with your vin number and they should be able to get it from the system and may charge £10:)

·
Premium Member
9,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just for the record you dont need it to tax online all you need is the reminder they send you and you type in the ref number on there, it then finds your mot and your insurance, if you have them of course so you need no other paperwork
i think you can go to any mot station with your vin number and they should be able to get it from the system and may charge £10:)
Helpful to know guys, thanks :)

Fortunately i found it (amongst the heap of paper!) :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts