Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my clio went for mot yesterday and failed miserably! Needed 3 new tyres, new rear coil spring, front offside track rod end ball joint too much play!, front screen washers blocked, headlamps misted over at front, emissions too high which they think is why engine management light is on and finally a dodgy earth connection on rear lights. Apart from that a good car lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried to sort small problems myself but with no success the front light covers tried cleaning but it's like a yellowing on them blocked front screen washers couldn't figure out why it's not coming out as it comes out back OK and earth wire I did half fix but fog still comes on when indicating right with brake on

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
Yeah, Renault and electricall fauls are good fun....

Any pics of headlights? Loads and loads of youtube vid guides, i used 3M kit, worked well

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,089 Posts
Bit of elbow grease and a cutting compound will bring those up a treat..and if you ask micky nicely he might even come and do it for you..

Now expecting a post from Mick with..

lol

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
22,752 Posts
My Kia's are worse then that.
Would Micky help me as well please?

Washers jets.... possibly valve in pump gunged up.... there is a little shuttle valve in the base of the pump, pump spins one way, water goes to back, spins the other way, to front...easy clean or get a new pump if it is that. Can you hear the pump?

Tyres, shop around... I'd go for a set of 4 and a discount BTW.

Dodgy earth... keep looking or even fit new wires to a decent point on tailgate.

Emissions, new air filter, oil change if not done for a while, Italian tune up.

·
Premium Member
1,810 Posts
hahaha lol you lot, all i did was buy one of the kits and watch the vids last time, is not as hard as it looks, drill attchment is good

Not quite the same problem as above, but

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,257 Posts
new rear coil spring, front offside track rod end ball joint too much play!, emissions too high which they think is why engine management light is on
Those are the proper faults, the rest is fixable by you, so the fail sheet isn't so bad after all.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts