Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,
I did some work on my pals car prior to an mot. The car went for an mot and failed on headlight adjustment.
there were a couple of recommendations but at the bottom of the recommendations list the tester had noted that the car had been welded at sill , slight accident damage to the offside and had been filled at front wing.

What are they recommmending or is the dvla just imformation gathering:confused:

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
That info warns potential buyers to check the items listed, warns the next MOT tester to examine the faults again in case they have got worse, and advises you that you should keep an eye on them.

The welding on the sill will need to monitored, as welds have a tendency to corrode.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
As Renegade says,they're just advises.

A tester can advise anything on the vehicle that they see that doesn't fail the test,i.e if a tyres getting near the limit etc.

The new computerised MOT's allow the tester to print out an advise sheet,and this is an improvement over the old system where many garages just gave pass or fail certificates and made no note of any advises.If you ever go to see a car with intentions of buying it,always look at the MOT advise sheet,it will give you a far better idea of the general condition of the car than a pass certificate on it's own.:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts