Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Clio DCi 80 passed its MOT today no problems,
looking at the passed 3 years and 40,000 miles MOT's one thing I have noticed is that it as got cleaner according to the smoke test every year, starting at 1.3 then .93 and this year .33 maybe the testers boots are getting lighter.

·
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep it's a good day when the car passes, I did not expect it being done today as usually they need a weeks notice, but called to make an appointment thinking I would have a look round it before the day but they said leave it there n come back at 4, result.

·
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clio passed again today it seems that Diesels get cleaner as they get older.
2009 44600 miles 1.85 on the smoke test
2010 55486 miles 0.98
2011 66639 miles 0.51
2012 77266 miles 0.36
2013 86394 miles 0.33
2014 95908 miles 0.11
last 2 it had the EGR disconnected 3.00 is the max allowed but it does seem to be getting cleaner the last test was on Morrison's fuel and a dash of 2 stroke oil in the fuel, it's not loosing any power and will still spin the wheels up if the road is a bit wet in first and second.

·
Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
23,856 Posts
Well done mate..my son in laws Scenic also passed last Monday..more of a chance now he lets me look after it and the repairs when I can and able..also a high mileage car like yours 90 odd thousand on his clock..

·
9,390 Posts
Clio passed again today it seems that Diesels get cleaner as they get older.
I bet Bugsb wishes he could say that after looking at the photos he posted today. :d Congrats on the MOT pass once again :)

·
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seems to be running better than when I got it,
most likely run it till it dies now still does 70 mpg
so it saves me a fortune.
Some silly but expensive electrical gremlin will most do for it rather that anything else.

·
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it passed again today, smoke is .11 like last year
at 106000 miles it was a big one this year needed a cam belt kit, and I fitted a steering rack gaiter and a lower engine mount but it's still running like if did at 30,000 and doing about 70 mpg Result.

·
7,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mines due in 4 weeks so I can ignore it till October, we only have one mot garage
in the area and they were saying they did not know how long they would stay open
so it helps us a bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts