Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,has anyone had any problems fitting a motaquip front bottom ball joint? Bought one of these to fit as i was doing the cv boot so thought while its apart.Got the hub off and removed the 2 torques bolts,cleaned then offered up the new joint and lo and behold ... holes are out of line? not by much just less than a quarter of the hole size,meaning i had to file out and add two washers to be sure as i didnt want to go a full hole larger.For a company like motaquip that does seem a bit crap
Anyone else had this problem
Cheers guys

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,459 Posts
Sure it was the correct Ball joint

If different, could have been boxed incorrectly.
Have used Motaquip best part of 30 years, and very happy with the quality..
But its people who box the parts, so mistakes do happen
IF mine/customers, dont think I would have altered any part to fit on steering and suspension, would have taken it back ..
Its obviously a wrong part, will it still be up to the job, got to be weaker now

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi ours2012,definitely a trafis t4 one,identical to the one i removed only the bolt holes were slightly out,not enough to cause enough greif just the pain of having to file them out.It came off eurocarparts on ebay which would have been a 4 day exchange process so would have had to leave bus on road side with no o/s suspension on it with a drive shaft hanging so sending it back was out the question,and the old one was decapitated getting it out the wishbone,cos believe me it was solid and i had to make it glow to remove it so the internal plastics were destroyed,its safe as the lugs on the joint are quite large so increasing the hole size a small amount has no detriment on it,plus the weight is pushing up not down on these joints

1 - 4 of 4 Posts