Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a swap with Formula 1,the British Motorcycle GP will be held at Silverstone from 2010.:)

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2008/Silverstone+to+host+MotoGP+in+UK+from+2010

It'll be a shame not to see the bikes going through the Craner Curves anymore but it will be fantastic to see them all taking on the full Grand Prix circuit at Silverstone which hasn't held a motorcycle race for a good many years.:)

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Yeah its got to be good for all concerned at least once the F1 leaves silverstone it will still be getting some for of revenue to keep it going OK be it nothing like F1,cheers Donald

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats true Prag,I'm not sure if they'll be using it or not.It was built for the WSB races as they didn't think that there was enough run off area at Woodcote which is a valid point to be honest.It would definately ruin the flow of the full GP track so hopefully they'll run the track without the chicane and put plenty of airbags on the run off area.

I was planning on going to Donnington this year as I am determined to see Rossi race before he retires,but I think I'll wait for Silverstone as it's an awful lot less of a journey.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts