Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Qatar hosts the beginning of the 2010 MotoGP season this weekend,hopefully it live up to all that happened in 2009.Theres a short video in the link below showing all the riders and their machines in the top class......

http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2010/MotoGP+Class+of+2010

The 250's have been replaced by Moto2 which are 600cc 4 strokes,if the pre-season videos of the new bikes are anything to go by it looks like being a spectacular series (not that the 250's weren't entertaining....:d).Scot Redding moves up in to the class from the 125's,he's been setting some decent times in testing and has today recorded the third fastest time in practice.

Bradley Smith and Danny Webb have stayed with the 125's,Bradley is again with the top Aprilia squad and is aiming to go one better than his runner up spot in the championship last year.

Coverage is on the BBC,I believe they will show all the qualifying and the races either live on TV or via the red button.I can especially recommend catching any of the coverage from this weekend as the races are at night and the bikes look fantastic under the floodlights,certaintly much better than the F1 cars do in their night races.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Theres a lot of pressure on Bradley this year,he did well in 2009 but this season he will be expected to win the championship,anything else will be seen as a failure.Danny Webb is due a break,he has shown some decent speed in the past and hopefully now he can get the results he deserves,if theres any justice in the world then Bradley should be champion at the end of the year and Danny should have got on to the podium a few times.:)

I'm looking foward to the Moto2's,there are some cracking riders in it (both old and new) and the bikes sound fantastic.

As for the 'big boys',not too much has changed over the winter with Rossi and Stoner trading fastest laps in testing.Lorenzo isn't 100% fit and has missed much of the testing,he'll be riding with only one good hand for the first few races but he's finished a race in second place with two broken ankles before so he should be OK!.He pushed Rossi to new heights last year even forcing the odd crash out of him,this year a fully fit Casey Stoner will provide an even bigger challenge to Rossi......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Echo your comments in wishing Bradley all the best in the new class..let's just hope he can change his riding style from the banzai full speed cornering of the 125s to the brake, turn, accelerate needed for the 600s, but I'm sure he'll do well.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
I have heard nothing else from my youngest this last week.... Moto GP Moto GP Moto GP Moto GP starts this week dad:crazy::d now another:rolleyes:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Red button coverage on Freeview is pretty limited. If, like me, that's all you've got and you want to watch the 125s and Moto2 it'll probably have to be online.

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 125's kick things off very soon.:)

The Moto2 race should be great fun,there are 41 bikes on the grid....:eek:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What a great evenings racing.:)

The 125's were manic as ever,the sight of 41 Moto2's going into the first corner was just plain scary,and then the MotoGP topped it all off with some great racing.

A job well done,even if the BBC did push it's coverage out to show a bunch of old people hitting a ball into a hole.:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts