Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2011 MotoGP season starts this weekend,the BBC are showing the qualifying and races live.....

Saturday 19 March
Qualifying: 1450-1805, BBC Red Button/online

Sunday 20 March
125cc and Moto2: 1550-1805, BBC Red Button/online
MotoGP live: 1830-2000, BBC Two/online
MotoGP repeat: 0000-0130, BBC

So far Casey Stoner has been the class of the field in the practice sessions,Rossi has been off the pace in the lower reaches of the top 10.Briton Cal Crutchlow has been making steady progress and looks like he could sneak into the top 10 in tomorrows qualifying sesson.Suzuki rider Alvaro Bautista had a nasty crash at the end of FP3 today and was carried off on a stretcher with what looked like an injured left leg.

In Moto2 Scot Redding has contiued his fine form from the end of 2010 and is right at the sharp end in the practice sessions,Bradley Smith is a little way back in the lower part of the top 20,with Kev Coghlan some 10 places further back.

In the 125's,four British riders take part this year including former GP rider Nail Mackenzie's son Taylor.

Keep up to date with all developments here.....

http://www.motogp.com/en/news

:)

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Well the seasons off to a good start. These Honda's are damn quick machines. Last season they demonstrated their extra power on the straights, seems they've improved on it too. Looking forward to some good races.

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
Yes a good first race,and those Honda's are very quick through the gear changes thats given them an edge i think,When Burrgess and the crew have analizsed the race data i think there may be a vast improvment in Vallentino's Ducatti next time out..

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep,the Honda is has been quick out of box this season.I don't particularly like him,but Lorenzo did really well to mix it with them.I've never seen anyone be so pleased to finish second!.:)

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
I must admit, all last year I was pulling for Lorenzo, some of the battles he had with Rossi were some of the best racing I have seen, since Hailwood & co. (Showing me age now)

He was over the moon to have finished with the pack of Honda's. Rossi seemed very tired at the end, he had a few moments with the Ducati, I wonder if the Ducati is harder work than the Yam?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm guessing he hasn't been doing too much training due to the operation on his shoulder in the winter,he definately looked tired and in some pain when he got off the bike but seemed pleased with 7th.

They will get back to the front I'm sure,but I have a feeling that the Hondas will be a long way ahead on points by then.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts