Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you want to post motorbike stuff in here....go ahead, make my day....punk..:grin2:

I'll start with this.

Had an issue with the Fazer 600 clutch slipping at high revs under load like a long hill in 6th gear at 'hold on tight mph' as it hits max power.
Everything is good on normal 'it might fall apart any second' riding so not been an issue.

Anyways, I was contemplating getting new clutch springs and plates if needed, so I thought I'd have a look under the cover.

Wonder if RW has any of that chemical metal left over from his crank sensor job.:|

Attachments

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,193 Posts
Whats wrong with the first picture, dont leave us in suspenders

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whats wrong with the first picture, dont leave us in suspenders
See the round pillars in pic 2.

One of those should be in that hole in pic 1.
Supposed to be a spring and bolt in there too.

Some ham fisted git probably overtightened the bolt and snapped the whole pillar off....then left it like that..
It's been running with just 5 springs compressing the clutch so that might be why it slips.
Doh.

A plan is hatching though so stay tuned.:wink2:

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,193 Posts
Understand now, we get clutch plates on the vag range, with fingers missing, but designed that way,,,,,

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
Clutching at straws ??? >:)

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
New Clutch Basket Required. Or some serious tig welding. :nerd:
Liquid metal is great stuff, for repairing or even constructing anew, but where it is not being used under extreme mechanical stress/temperatures/hot liquids... So not appropriate for use on wet clutches.

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts
Had an issue with the Fazer 600 clutch slipping at high revs under load like a long hill in 6th gear at 'hold on tight mph' as it hits max power.
Mate:surprise:

I'm surprised to be honest, a member like yourself posting in the wrong section.

Jokes is further down buddy. I will have to admit though I nearly nominated this post:nerd::nerd:

High revs and max power:grin2::grin2::grin2:

You crack me up some times kid:grin2::crying2::grin2::grin2:

·
Premium Member
8,602 Posts
Mike, that Piaggio looks brilliant, true Italian pedigree.

Tim, BMW looks a bit 'too modern' in the company, but I know it might be older than Guzzi (can't check while on tapatalk). Class, I think that's the common denominator for that lot. Newer K series lack a bit of that.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,763 Posts
Current in the garage but one as to go to fund something
older.

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
Mike, that Piaggio looks brilliant, true Italian pedigree.

Tim, BMW looks a bit 'too modern' in the company, but I know it might be older than Guzzi (can't check while on tapatalk). Class, I think that's the common denominator for that lot. Newer K series lack a bit of that.
Guzzi = 1995 Great for posing & NOT a Harley.
BMW = 1998 Still best for long distance, once did a 340 mile day two up.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts