No fast plastic ridden a few but they dont do s lot for me,
police wont let me ride fast enough to stretch a 1000's legs,
should never have sold the Adventura
why :forehead:why :forehead: why:forehead:

·
Super Moderator
13,666 Posts
police wont let me ride fast enough to stretch a 1000's legs, should never have sold the Adventura

BMW 1100 did 130MPH two up, In the land of it's birth however.

Taken outside the Factory in which it was born:smile2:

Attachments

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
7,907 Posts
police wont let me ride fast enough to stretch a 1000's legs, should never have sold the Adventura

They were great bikes and near unbreakable, guy a few
doors down has the engine gearbox out of one in a
very stylish 3 wheeler.

·
4,675 Posts
No strokers mentioned here, most of my early days was spent riding those. The noise, smell and performance was intoxicating. Being in the paddock as the race bikes were warmed up and the smell of the Castrol 747 is something you never forget...

·
4,675 Posts
The outer main cover plate that the springs act on will only fit 2 ways and I don't think it matters which.
Talking of balance, I wonder if it will run smoother with all 6 springs fitted.
The rest of the metal and friction plates can go back as they came out ( I hope).:grin2:

Have you considered a cut off piece of bolt with a slot cut on the top to enable it to be screwed in so it bridges the joint and helps resist it being pulled apart by the constant force applied by the spring? Obviously it would need plenty of threadlock to hold it in place.
Then use a shortened bolt also dipped in threadlock to hold down the clutch spring so it works like the others.

·
4,675 Posts

I've got a 1000cc sportsbike but it's not one of your plastic fantastic jobbies, it's now classed as a classic as it's a 1990 Yamaha Exup with sensible mods.
I toured with it and did several motogp rounds, a flip up screen and throw over panniers and magnetic tankbag was all it needed. I also added a sports rack that bolted on instead of the grab rail for camping gear, this conveniently served as a comfortable backrest for the wife too so she was just as comfortable as me.
In the mid 90s I attended 4 Dutch TT's in a row.
This bike has never let me down once, always started first time, is comfortable as can be and is docile as a kitten pootling around, but will go like hell if you open it up.
Sadly it hasn't been used for years with the kids wanting other things, so it's sat in the garage covered in dust along with my old race bike and the wife's Honda.
It's never getting sold though

·
9,676 Posts
Very nice Dave :smile2: The closest thing I've ridden to a sports bike was a borrowed GSXR600 of similar vintage. Lovely bike but not my choice of ride, I prefer twins.
Saying that I was kinda tempted by a Hayabusa when they first came out but sitting on one at a bike show was very uncomfortable with my weight forward on my damaged wrist That wouldn't have been safe on that beast.:crying2:

·
7,907 Posts
That is a bonny bike, a mate is a serial crasher of Hayabusa's, " Hayabusa is
a hawk that kills blackbirds who said the Japanese had no sense of humor,"
I keep telling him it's natures way of telling him to get something a bit slower
but not a chance. Someone else I know used to race Yamaha TZ 250/350s
and used the engines to power outfits Charli Williams used to ride one of his
bikes,

Only strokes I have had recently is this, not very fast
but you would be surprised how well it got round corners.

·
4,675 Posts
That's a nice looking bike Ralph, it looks light and manoeuvrable.
I always say if the suspension is set right and the tyres are well matched, it'll corner.

·
4,675 Posts
Very nice Dave :smile2: The closest thing I've ridden to a sports bike was a borrowed GSXR600 of similar vintage. Lovely bike but not my choice of ride, I prefer twins.
Saying that I was kinda tempted by a Hayabusa when they first came out but sitting on one at a bike show was very uncomfortable with my weight forward on my damaged wrist That wouldn't have been safe on that beast.:crying2:

With my bike being an old sportsbike, it's not as radical on your wrists as the gsxr or even the busa. It's really comfortable and with the suspension done by none other than Ron Williams himself, it handles amazingly.
It's the bike I told myself I had to have when I saw it released in 1989 and it's not disappointed in any way since.
I always fancied an early RSV Aprilia or Tuono twin, but never got around to it.

·
Super Moderator
13,666 Posts
since.
I always fancied an early RSV Aprilia (snip), but never got around to it.
Brat's got one, like a Commando on steroids.
Only got to think & it corners. Nearly wiped himself up after coming from a BMW R1100 & A Triumph Trophy 1200.
Deffo needs respect.
ATM he's fitted a new Lifan 150 engine (£160) into a Honda 90. Now pulls 66mph on the flat.

Reactions: Ralph

·
7,907 Posts
Have you seen the price of a good Honda 90 these days?

·
Super Moderator
13,666 Posts
Have you seen the price of a good Honda 90 these days?
Yep, depends on model / Year. Brat got his for < £500.
That's why he went for a Lifan engine 4 Gears not 3.
£35 for a bigger carb & Manifold.
And he can put it back to original, when he's finished playing.

·
Super Moderator
13,666 Posts
Are we talking about a very early 90 or a later C90 ?
We are talking 1980's C90G (OHC), not a C110 like the C50 I had (819 YAL). Both of which were pushrod engines.

Reactions: Renoir White

·
4,675 Posts
That is a bonny bike, a mate is a serial crasher of Hayabusa's, " Hayabusa is

a hawk that kills blackbirds who said the Japanese had no sense of humor,"

I keep telling him it's natures way of telling him to get something a bit slower

but not a chance. Someone else I know used to race Yamaha TZ 250/350s

and used the engines to power outfits Charli Williams used to ride one of his

bikes,

Only strokes I have had recently is this, not very fast

but you would be surprised how well it got round corners.

My uncle ran a TZ750 outfit back in the day, he took me for a couple of laps of our local track Darley Moor and it was absolutely wild.
He took great delight at scaring the life out of me, I can tell you. I returned the favour a few years later when I took him out on my RD500, I made sure the front wheel was in the air at every opportunity...

·
Administrator
13,195 Posts
We are talking 1980's C90G (OHC), not a C110 like the C50 I had (819 YAL). Both of which were pushrod engines.
I have one of these (thats not it... lol but identical to it)

Needs a good bit of work but thats a project for me at somepoint! :smile2:

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
Nothing changed then I see:A lot of kisses for Heather's beaver >:)
I miss my old 400/4 sometimes but only on sunny days.

41 - 60 of 101 Posts