Independent Renault Forums banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,676 Posts
I have one of these (thats not it... lol but identical to it)

Needs a good bit of work but thats a project for me at somepoint! :smile2:
My first bike was a Honda 125P single 1976 model. When I sold it after getting my full licence the guy who bought it wanted it as a replacement for his identical bike he had just knackered by taking it on a tour of Italy :surprise: Honda have always made tough little bikes :smile2:.

Reactions: HeatherJ

·
Registered
88 Posts
My first bike was a Honda MT5 50 cc lmao bought it brand new 1985 few bits of tinkering later it managed a staggering 70 mph flat out WOW !!!! since then had various bikes mostly Honda Fireblade Vtr firestorm then calmed down last bike ended up Suzuki gsx600 r beast :)

·
7,907 Posts
Been out today on't Yamaha blown a few cobwebs away.

:smile2:

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Finally got round to fixing the clutch and even fitted my new new heated grips to keep my hands warm in Summer.:grin2:
Not road tested yet so might disintegrate when I max out at 30mph.:surprise:
Well, what do you want for a £15 fix.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,666 Posts
Finally got round to fixing the clutch and even fitted my new new heated grips to keep my hands warm in Summer.:grin2:
Not road tested yet so might disintegrate when I max out at 30mph.:surprise:
Well, what do you want for a £15 fix.
Well it looks a tidy repair. If it disnitigrates, It's not for the want of trying. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Well it looks a tidy repair. If it disnitigrates, It's not for the want of trying. :grin2:
It might last longer than the rest of the bike looking underneath it.
Don't think it's ever been undercover before I got it.
And I didn't spot the previous keeper living in the Blackpool rust belt.
Doh.

·
Premium Member
12,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Remind me, did you make a stud for it?
As per my original master plan-

Screwed in a length of threaded rod then ground the threaded tube to length and screwed it on.

Had to shorten the spring retaining bolt a little as it was bottoming out to soon but is no problem..

Need sleep.
Night Mike.:grin2:

Attachments

·
7,907 Posts
Probably posted before but here's my MT07 and W800
both soon to find new homes.

Reactions: Renoir White

·
9,676 Posts
Here are my two bikes, a 2003 Honda Fireblade, and a 1988 GSXR 750 J Slingshot. Fireblade currently poorly, needs new bearing shells in engine! :(
I like the fully co-ordinated black & white scheme :smile2: Do you become invisible when you are sitting on the bike ? :grin2:

Reactions: funkoval

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Here are my two bikes, a 2003 Honda Fireblade, and a 1988 GSXR 750 J Slingshot. Fireblade currently poorly, needs new bearing shells in engine!
I like the fully co-ordinated black & white scheme
Do you become invisible when you are sitting on the bike ?
I came up with the black/white combo on the bike, it had just been rebuilt in that picture, was destroyed prior to that when I came off it, the Marshall's said "The bike flew well", unfortunately I didn't, was off work for 6 months and still have pain over 5 years on. Believe it or not, the bike is rattle canned, and it looks like a pro spray job, although nowhere near as tough as 2k paint, wet sandpaper to cut back any orange peel, then buffed up, nice and smooth flat shiny paint! :)

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
42,568 Posts
Did not know you could buy beer coolers ready to hitch and go.
How clever is that...

61 - 80 of 101 Posts