Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what impact does motorway driving have on a vehicle ? I'm assuming all the liquids in the car get used faster than if you were driving around built up/city areas. So after prolonged periods of driving , one should always check the liquids.

What are the other things that should be checked ?

thanks

Habib.

·
Super Moderator
13,667 Posts
At my age, Ones liquids have to be drained Every third Services. :crying2:
However, Both Tragic & Scenic, Go from Oil Change To Oil Change (about 10,000 Miles) Without Any need to top up in between.
These are Local & Continental Trips.
Water too, never moved since Antifreeze Change (3 years).
Only thing I ever Refill is the washer bottle.

Reactions: BehnK

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
9,684 Posts
So what impact does motorway driving have on a vehicle ? I'm assuming all the liquids in the car get used faster than if you were driving around built up/city areas. So after prolonged periods of driving , one should always check the liquids.
Always after driving a long distance .... say 200 miles+

What are the other things that should be checked ?
Before you set off ... wheel nut tightness / tyre pressures / tyre tread / brake balance / clean windows / wiper blades / lights / spare tyre or inflator / breakdown card

thanks

Habib.

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
25,497 Posts
What they said.
Always worth a check on fluids and tyres before a long journey, does no harm at end for peace of mind.
In cold weather, I keep an extra 5l can of screenwash in the boot... ridiculous how fast it can be used on wet, icy days.
Other then that, modern cars love motorways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts