Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 Grand Scenic needs 4 new tyres and I'm considering the new Motrio tyres. Has anyone used them and how good are they compared to some of the big name brands?

The offer at the moment is buy 4 for the price of 3, which works out to approximately £240 for 4 tyres fully fitted. That seems very reasonable and I hope Renault wouldn't endorse or supply a product that was of poor quality.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Tyres are a very subjective product full of mutual exclusives.

for example;

1. High grip = fast wear
  2. Low noise = less water dispersion
  3. Low rolling resistance = less braking grip
To name but a few.

So it really comes down to what is most important to you.

I would presume that the tyres will be of the correct load & speed rating and EU-certified, and as such, will be of suitable quality for your car.

HTH

Paul

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Do you have a local trusted independant tyre place nearby that you can speak to.

When I needed new tyres I went along to the same "one man band" that I've used for years. I explained to him that my car is essentially a run around, local journeys, no motorway trips, I don't drive like a boy racer, etc, etc and he recommended a brand I'd never heard of, Westlake.
To be honest 3 years later, they are lasting well, grip well, aren't noisy or have upset the cars ride:-I've had no issues with them.

If you know of such a place nearby it may be worth popping in, and they could advise on the alternative tyres. I certainly saved myself a big slice of cash over more expensive brands.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts