Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am new to the forum, so apologies if this has been covered before, but i have just bought a Clio Dynamique, 1.2 2003, that has been stood around for a while, and the seatbelts have mould on them. I did not want to remove the belts for cleaning, but wanted something that would get the mould off. Would appreciate any ideas. Someone suggested a portable steam machine ?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there and welcome.

TBH, warm water with some detergent in it, would suffice, then leave the windows open a touch to allow them to air-dry.

I would shy away from anything caustic as that may weaken the fibres, rendering them unpredictable in a crash.

HTH,

Paul

·
Premium Member
2,301 Posts
OH had a Dagenham Dustbin which was stood for a while and the belts had mould on them, ISTR I used antibacterial wipes on them (not sure why the job was delegated to me, .... :confused: ) and they seemed to do the job. Next time it was stood for a time before we binned it, no more mould.

Karen xx

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys, Thanks for the replys, unfornately,i have tried all the things mentioned, and nothing is shifting the mould, or the marks what so ever. I ll get black ones i think,that will solve the problem.

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
Try a domestic steam cleaner . the things they advertise on shopping channels.
it will also take off the "hand grime".
You can also get steam cleaner units in hand held size.
You dont just blow the steam on direct, it soaks thru a pad or cloth you put on the nozzle.

I was talking to a used car dealer (after having the loan of a hi mileage car which was a bit "funky" especially in the warm weather).
before resale they use the steam clean on car seats etc which have how shall I put it ,ingrained f***s and other contaminants.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
before resale they use the steam clean on car seats etc which have how shall I put it ,ingrained f***s and other contaminants.
It does make you wonder how they could drive in that kind of seating position. :confused:

But at least they put safety first...:d

1 - 8 of 8 Posts