Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my movano 2.2 02 plate keeps cutting out !!!!
i have some error codes that have showed up on a diagnostic machine ! but they dont know what they are attributed to ? can anyone help ?
codes are as follows :-

many thanks to anyone who can help
regards kev

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
I've not got a clue what those codes are,I don't recognise that format of registering codes at all.What scanner did you use?.

If the van is intermittantly cutting out I'd start by having an injector leak off test done.

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
Sounds the your code reader may be throwing up erroneous codes.

The 6182 code refers to glow-plug circuit but I can't see a fault in this circuit making the engine cut out or fail to start.

If it's anything like the Renaults the glow-plug light doubles as an injection fault light so if the sytem detcts a signal in the glow-plug it thinks its down to duff glow-plugs.:)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the reader is snap on solus pro ! i had a blowing exsaust for some time infront of the cat had it welded he did a bad job as its stainless steel poped a hole in it i have since covered it with exsaust repair tape would this have anything to do with it ???????

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
The codes seem particular to the particular code reader being used.

Maybe Snap-On technical data could tell what they mean.

As Renault use an entirely different protocol in their ECU's the codes being thrown up could be entirely erroneous.

One other possibilty is they maybe - just maybe - hexi-decimal codes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
so is there a data base i can access to find out what the codes mean either through snapon or renault ??
i have no faith in the dealers ! i took the movano to a dealer,van wouldent start ,they did a diagnostics test out come dident know whats up !!!! then wanted to change the low pressure pump ,see if it goes ! if not than the high pressure pump ,see if it goes than systematicly go through changeing the whole fuel system at my expense . took it to a independant 4 hrs later diagnosed a worn injector fitted a new one and it worked !

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
The codes aren't Renault engine fault codes which are usually prefixed with the letters DF.

I would assume someone who has the Snap-on kit along with technical support should be able to source the meaning of the codes.

I have done a quick Google search for Snap-on codes but as yet have not found any.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
getting a bit sick of this van now ! had it in 2 weeks with a garage in the end they took out the emc box took it to a emc repair guy who fixed it ,put it back on and it worked van goes cost me £410.00 ! 2 days later STOP light comes on & engine light comes on on dashboard as well , sometimes they dimley flicker of and on quickly, sometimes the stay on bright flickering but the van still drives ,any further ideas anyone before i take a sledge hammer to this van !!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
these lights are coming on stationary when the engine is in tick over mode or no load on the engine when in acceleration or load applied the lights go out there must be a simple answer to this problem help please any ideas ????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.