Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My Clio 1.2 07 model is showing an average 32mpg on the clock, a manual test works it out at a average of 45 mpg, should the clock be this far out?
Also if any clio 1.2 owners could post there mpg reading it would be helpful to get the garage to look into this matter....Thanks....

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about it. In my experience, electronic MPG readings have ony ever been intended as an economy aid (helping you to drive more economically by making the figure increase) rather than a definitive indicator of how much fuel the car is using.
Your manual test figure of 45 mpg sounds about right for a 1.2 petrol, by the way, so it doesn't sound as if anything is up with the car itself.

D

·
0 Posts
:iagree:

It would probably cost you more in new sensors, testing & renault labour prices than you'd use in fuel in 6 months!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AH..but the garage is sorting it free of charge, was under a 6 month warranty, their trying a new fuelsender unit next week....

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
My 56 1.4 clio returned about 32 mpg combined motoring, 80% (round streets), my manual fuel test over 1,000 miles revealed the car was doing 31? Not far out at all, still crap though.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
Our 1.2 16v clio always reads about 34MPG, my wife drives it to work and back and not much else. It has only done 28,700 since new in 2001. She never resets the trip so this is over a very long mielage range.

Always thought that was reasonable for a little town car until the cost of fuel started to rocket :crazy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi epoch2002, my 2008 Clio 1.2 16v currently reads 6.8 l/100km or 41.5 mpg. I have never checked how accurate it is though.

Are there any polls on the forum that list the real world fuel consumption for the 1.2 Clio?

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
My Clio didnt do as much as the gauge showed, & my Modus shows 56.6 mpg, wheras it actually does 50 mpg, 6 down on the clock, or 12% less than shown.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
AH..but the garage is sorting it free of charge, was under a 6 month warranty, their trying a new fuelsender unit next week....
I'd be surprised if that fixes the problem- I suspect the figure comes from the engine control module by adding together each injection time and calculating the fuel used from that. The distance covered will be calculated from the vehicle speed, provided by the ABS control module.

Is the speedometer accurate? If not the dash could be programmed for different size tyres to those actually fitted.

Also are your own MPG calculations from full tank to full tank?

·
Premium Member
166 Posts
Also are your own MPG calculations from full tank to full tank?

Dont know if that was for me m8, but my calcs are full tank to full tank taken over a 4 tank fillup. total fuel used, converted to gallons (divide by 4.55) & then into miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts