Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2003 scenic which is an ex disability car it has only 9000 miles on the clock. i have tried to reset the mpg display but it resets the complete computer. when i drive on the motorway im only doing 27.2 to the gallon i hope this is wrong as i drive urban i can get 28.5, is it poss to only reset the mpg display rather than the whole thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:mad: i bought a 2003 scenic which is an ex disability car it has only 9000 miles on the clock. i have tried to reset the mpg display but it resets the complete computer. when i drive on the motorway im only doing 27.2 to the gallon i hope this is wrong as i drive urban i can get 28.5, is it poss to only reset the mpg display rather than the whole thing.

·
Premium Member
1,117 Posts
Hi nidgelowe

Try resetting the trip computer when you are on the motorway
doing @70mph,you will see a couple of dashes for awhile and when it does it sums it should display current mpg.

Done it on ours and it went from 28 to 41mpg (good ego booster).

:) :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
sry to bring up an old thread, but how do you actually reset the MPG meter ? ive looked in the book and it says push the stalk button 3 times,but that doesnt do anything ? :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
Never mind ive figured it out , DOH ! , simply use the button on the end of the stalk to cycle through to MPG then press the button on the dash to reset :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had a strange one if anyone can shed some light
I have a 2.0 megane scenic
after resetting the mpg it reads a ave of 40mpg
after 2 - 3 days stays on 31mpg
when i calculate my fuel usage i get 32mpg
If i reset every day them when i calculate the fuel usage i get 40mpg???????
is there a master reset for this system?
How can my fuel consumption be based on the computer read out?:eek:

P

·
0 Posts
It calculates an average based on your driving at the time. You are probably best off not resetting it :)

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
My experience so far (what 6 weeks of ownership and mostly some long trips) is that when I first got my car the display was reading 9mpg (OMG I thought!) but after a few miles it started creeping up to around 23.
After filling up the second time I pressed the button three times to get to the mpg readout and then pressed (or held down) the dashboard button, which reset it, and after about half a mile the display changed from two dashes to numbers - which varied from 30 to 50mpg or so depending on my driving at the time.
After some more miles the mpg display levelled out to a more realistic figure, in the high 30s to 40 - so it obviously needs some distance/ fuel usage figures before it can provide an accurate reading.
My advice would be to leave the display alone and it will show you the averaged mpg since the last reset.
I suspect that if you keep on scrolling there is probably a reading for mpg since mile 0, but I don't care that much to see if that's true right now - sorry :)
If you were about to do a long motorway run then you could do a reset so that the history doesn't get in the way.

ttfn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts