Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a Renault Scenic 2005 plate and wonder why I ever bought this french car.

My Passanger window has just failed. Window has moved down to fully open and will not work again. This is not the first time its happened. And I payed Renault £350 to fix the first window!!!!

Looking on the forum it might not be the motor but how can I be sure?

Can you get a new control board from somewhere. Any ideas please?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Hi there and welcome.

TBH the door card is probably going to need removal to check if the motor is functioning (and its one of the anchor points for the glass) which has failed.

If you aren't confident in doing this, an alternative is to find an auto-electrician (many of whom are mobile) who can remove said trim, test & probably repair on one visit - much cheaper than a main dealer.

HTH

Paul

·
Administrator
13,224 Posts
In the link that FoxOkay gave you is another link to the thread which helped me fix my drivers side window.... (which is working perfectly well now! :d) Anyway in that thread they tell you a trick to get the window up! Which will help you in the mean time with keeping your car dry! :d

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, I have a Renault Scenic 2005 plate and wonder why I ever bought this french car.

My Passanger window has just failed. Window has moved down to fully open and will not work again. This is not the first time its happened. And I payed Renault £350 to fix the first window!!!!

Looking on the forum it might not be the motor but how can I be sure?

Can you get a new control board from somewhere. Any ideas please?
----------------------------------------

Hi,

Sorry for not getting back to you before, but I never could diagnose why the Window went down on my Scenic and if it was the motor or not. I did make the mistake of getting Renault to replace it at £350 when it is a 10Min job to do if you have the correct Star screwdriver.

However, you have 2 options.

Option 1: Buy a second hand window regular from ebay or a salvage merchant for £65-£80 and fit yourself.
Option 2: Buy a brand new one from Renault for £150 because they are the only ones that supply it and again fit yourself.

Hope this helps to anyone else with the same problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts