Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look, if you guys weren't so knowledgeable I wouldn't ask such daft questions! But before I go and stick an mp3 disc in the multi-changer was the (late) 2002 model mp3 ready? Is it a straightforward swap out if not or does the headunit need a change too?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
No - sorry, the changer is not, as far as I know mp3 compatible.
Only the ones fitted as standard to the later 2005 (onwards) Ph II upmarket models are mp3 compatible.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No - sorry, the changer is not, as far as I know mp3 compatible.
Only the ones fitted as standard to the later 2005 (onwards) Ph II upmarket models are mp3 compatible.
ok thought so - so is it just a changer swap or a head unit swap as well?

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,710 Posts
As far as I know as long as the changer is mp3 compatible you will be ok. Obviously you still cant' put mp3 discs in the slot in the main head unit, but the changer should be ok.

·
Registered
87 Posts
ive fitted a 6 disk changer with mp3 on my laguna 2004, got it brand new ebay imported from germany cost me £115 delivered but that was over 2 years ago now, its not a renault or vdo if i remember right its a compatible sony unit and works a treat and its tiny, i fitted it under the passengers seat its that small.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ive fitted a 6 disk changer with mp3 on my laguna 2004, got it brand new ebay imported from germany cost me £115 delivered but that was over 2 years ago now, its not a renault or vdo if i remember right its a compatible sony unit and works a treat and its tiny, i fitted it under the passengers seat its that small.
Hi Blaster, did the head unit already play mp3s?

The current unit is in the boot and is an Alpine. Was wondering if I swapped it out for http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/product/products_id/407.html

... it might work out the box, or else it might not display id tag on the screen? hmmm

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok I got ya, but does the system recognise the mp3 from the changer? What you're saying is the head unit doesn't need to be replaced in order to play mp3s - all good!

:d

·
Registered
87 Posts
yes you got it, use standard head unit, fit the new sony changer with mp3 compatibility ( comes with lead that connects to your existing head unit in your laguna) and any mp3 disks you put in the changer will play no problems, i get about 10 mp3 albums per cd so with 6 disks i get 60 mp3 albums in total.
Another option is the new radio transmited mp3 players (look on ebay) , these usually plug into your cig lighter and you tune your radio to a frequency and you play mp3's link below

Amazon.co.uk: TeckNet USB Flash Memory MP3 Adapter with 7 FM Channels: Electronics & Photo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts