Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if in the right section but it can be moved by a mod.

Recently got my 2002/52 MK2 PH2 1.2 16v clio MOT'd, it failed on anti roll bar linkages (now fixed) license plate light (now fixed) and the rear lights were being operated by the hazards (was fixed at the time of the retest) and a new windscreen (old one had a crack and it finally failed, checked the MOT history, the crack was registered back in 2006 but was only an advisory.)

All this was done by my usual mechanic.

After the retest (It finally passed), i got home, Checked the rear lights and they are operated by the hazards, but that doesn't concern me since i've got an MOT.

What is bothering me now is, when i got my car back from my mechanic, here's a list of thing's that was working fine on my car and are now not.

1) Reverse lights no longer come on.
2) Rear wiper/washer no longer function off the switch or when the wiper stalk is down and reverse is engaged.
3) front wiper washer no longer works.
4) Automatic lights no longer work.
5) intermittent wipers no longer work.

Now i'm just assuming a fuse is gone but i'd still like some advice.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While i've got my side lights on and hazards, you can see the rear lights dimming with the hazards (imo you gotta have a great eagle eye to see) and the MOT bloke failed it on that.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
As Mike says it most likely to be a dodgy earth connection at the rear light clusters. Disconnect their multiplugs and check for corrosion, and burning, etc.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What about my windshield/rear wipers, washers, automatic headlights and intermittent sensors they're the main things i'm more concerned about.

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Poor voltage can cuase the onboard electrics do crazy things so I suggest you get the rear lighting problem sorted and take it from there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts