Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning
I have a Scenic 2 (2005) and after changing the original radio last year for a "bluetooth" Sony in order to get hands free capability i have now re-fitted the original radio/ cd after purchasing a "mr handsfree" device.

I have it wired up and on my dashboard but i have 1 wire that i am not sure which it connects to in the radio loom, the hands free works perfect ........ apart from muting the radio/cd when a call come in, so i presume it is the mute wire which needs connecting with the radio.
Could anyone tell me which is the mute wire that comes out of the radio please.

Thank you

L

·
0 Posts
I've never known one to have one, I've only ever seen them on after market units.

·
Auckland, New Zealand
117 Posts
One option is to use a relay on that output which breaks into the ignition wire of the headunit. Means your headunit gets turned off rather than muted when a call comes in.

·
Diamond dismember
326 Posts
Update List and Tuner List radios have a mute input on pin 3 of the of the power connector.

You should have a nosy about in the centre console or behind the radio console for a VDA connector,
which lets you hook up most third party hands free kits using a simple wire harness,
saving you a lot of work in the process of wiring up your kit.

The VDA connector has wires for power, ignition, microphone (if fitted, usually in the centre sun visor clip or courtesy light panel),
phone speaker (if fitted), and mute.

L

·
0 Posts
There is a yellow socket under the gearstick gaitor that as far as I'm aware is for the phone harness?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts