Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
View attachment 166217

20180728_143508-480x480.jpg

20180728_142045-480x480.jpg

View attachment 166223

View attachment 166225 Hi,
Baffled to hell, started stripping head and nearly off but last night I inspected the injectors and found one had a broken tip and looks like been like that for a while and they just slid out?, just typed in part number 0432193757 and it's coming up 2.8td, the 2.5 dci ones ebay look completely different.
So I guess I've possibly bought a van thats has a 2.8 lump, ffs my heads mashed enough with tackling something I only know the principles of how works.
Can anyone confirm that the 2.5 has never used these injectors please and where the engine model is on engine? Can you see anything else hats defining. :frown2:
TIA, much appreciated....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers for confirming, so I'm assuming the ecu's and turbo etc set for running a 2.8 so now looking for 2.8td engine and box, glad I didn't pay for the g9u head, bolts, gearbox.
Don't suppose you k ow which lumps will fit as new options now as saying ivecos, ducato etc, wonder if mounts are same. Oh god... Mire researching without any info lol...

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,696 Posts
Sure yours is not a 2.5 before you go any further,,.
Your engine code should be on a plate, at the back of the engine just above where the sump bolts on to the block, near the gearbox....

Bosch injectors = KBE 58 S 8 Try this number,, see if these match yours..
Use tinternet not tbay

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm researching away, Google saying 2.8 too, 'll have a look now at back of pan (so ace not having to jack up every time) . In all honesty if it's set up for the 2.8td I'll be chuffed as she's going to spending lots of time in the alpes and pyrenees so the power will be a bonus, mpg yet to research but was extremely goid coming back from Birmingham (90 miles) used one bar.
Right just been under and found code 99432172 on back of head block by taking loads of random photos = 2.8 dti.???
Thought dti was individual powered injectors's mine are fed from one pump. Confused.com.
Oh dear...right better start looking at 2.8 dti lumps and gearbox I guess which aren't as common or are they with ivecos etc, heads mashed in.... Thought I had a plan what a mare. Cheers pal.

·
37,696 Posts
No I mean the design,, might have put 2.8 injectors in, if they fit, and said nothing .....

Is that a possible ....

·
37,696 Posts
But would it seem to make sense..
Think you need to get under, get your phone out, and take a load of pictures just behind the driveshaft area of the engine, see if you can get correct code up for your engine..

Then you will know if someone has done a shady ,,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right I see, it's a 53 plate so probs one of the first off the production and maybe carried on with old ones or some thing, I'm with you.
Wondering why the brake fluid bottle has a bolted off tube, that's leading me to think it's been made to adapt also maybe.
Need for floor to dry and I'll have a proper mooch under, I'll get the cambelt number too, looked for gbox code but could only find this and doesn't seem to apply to anything.. Needing sleep isn't helping me digest this.

·
37,696 Posts
You would be surprised what a mechanic can make " Do" on an engine.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly pal, but wtf does that leave meb:|... What's right what's not, go with 2.8 or 2.5, what's the ecu doing lol turbo ? Just buy a whole mot failure van with running engine and box and transfer the lot as steering racks leaking I think. It drove great but knew about the box not having 1st and heavy steering but was the tidiest high top I could find at under £2500 never mind my cost of £700 with 10 month mot and a new £100 battery that morning and £30 of juice put in. Nice guy obviously cheap because if engine swap maybe but didn't tell me and had new aux belt fitted so must have knew.... Mmmmm. If I can get sorted for under £500 it'll still be a bargain jyst head baffling now.

·
37,696 Posts
Yes, its because you are not breaking down the issues..
Relax, and go through what could they have possibly done..

So lets go on the ECU, easy one to check, does the vin off the plate match the vin off the ECU, if no then ecu, and possibly UCH has been changed too.

Just needs an interface that reads VIN plates, and vins off ECU..
So though might sound like a major issue is not really..

You will need to buy an interface if wanting to keep this van, so might aswell
buy one that is only for Renault,, around 80£ but laptop needed..

Steering rack,, again easy enough to do, gearbox,, second hand...

Just go through each part..
Try not to beat yourself up, ..

You have the main thing, a tidy body, all other parts are can be sorted..
Its the body thats the hard part...

Whats up with the engine, did you find out,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thought I'd already done that as had options for engines, vans and was finally gonna settle on the new head and valves if pistons were good , was all well orchestrated in head to some extent considering there were no how to's or having any knowledge at all of diesels or even Internals only the basic concept, but fortunately appear very easy to work on must say and a big learning g curve.
I enjoy the searching if honest and will obviously get to bottom of and always knew it'd cost me and I'd save lots because of, however being knackered and a big wohhhhh wtf moment before had me in a bit of a flap, nap will sort lol....
Could drop whole lump onto tyres as don't yet have hoist and check over everything. Can I drop the sub frame suspension the lot in one go? Looking under her it seems like it would. Thinking if I can and find a good 2.8 running van i could just swap the lot after comparing parts from both front ends.
Getting ahead of myself again lol... Thanks very much for your input, you've been a star.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Engine was a broken valve shim, have 3/4 of it here don't kniw where rest went hence why the new head guy was waiting on my piston condition.

·
37,696 Posts
No you cannot drop the subframe and engine box in one go...
Undo wheels, and drive shaft nuts, dont remove just slacken

Remove front end of the van, off side headlight, once removed, you will see a place to put the bonnet stay, might still have the plug in it

Get rid of the radiator,, so its gone and safely stored,, ..
Thts about it now if you get water everywhere,, so catch as much water as you can
Its jack up off subframe ,,, axle stands under the sills where you would normally jack off,..
undo steering column pinch bolt ,, now undo subframe, (if exhaust is below subframe remove ,,) lower down on two jacks,, now remove subframe..
Now drain gearbox oil, remove drive shafts,
Then you can just disconnect all multiplugs,, and lower engine and box down..

then pull the engine and gearbox out through the front...

Once gearbox is off, mark the cletch plate through where the input shaft enters

Just in case, some funny clutches fitted and not easy to work out what is flywheel side and pressure plate side anymore

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, thanks. Heads only a few bolts from coming off so all front end taken off already and stripped on the top atleast. So just mounts, drive shafts and any other connectors and linkage bolt, is the rear mount easy to get at? my saab was a right mare 3 extenders and a wobble bar, this thing has been Childs play in comparison, whole front end off and at engine in 45 mins, i couldn't believe it, so much room, one hex key and 10,13 & 17mm sockets, that's it. Wonder if my hub socket off saab will fit, probs not.

·
37,696 Posts
Once the head is off, have a look at the head gasket, see if you can match it up on tbay..
You could find someone has just put 2.8 injectors in,,

High chance of this , especially if these injectors dont require coding in

·
37,696 Posts
That much room at the back of the master engine area, I sat inside when I had to change the brake pipes all through, ..
Hardest part was dropping the tank, without taking it off completely..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Might sound completely dumb well it will lol but mine only has one cam at top and looking at pics of 2.5 it appears to have two and two cam pulleys for belt on left.
Just screenshot a few examples and mines without any writing... 2.8 me thinks now...

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts