Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone remember my post a few weeks ago where I said I wanted, eventually, either a Lexus IS200 or a Lag 3.0 RTI V6 24V?

Then I posted a couple of days ago re one I had seen on ebay but some bloke had bought it....well.....he mucked the seller around and relisted it today.

I snapped it up for £750 and will be collecting on Sunday. Quite a drive up to Wales to do so (195miles) and I've had to rely on my intuition alone as I haven't seen it in the flesh (until I pick it up). Well, you've gotta take a chance sometimes.

Here's it is on ebay and I'll post some proper pics when I';ve got the keys in my hand.

eBay.co.uk: 1998 RENAULT LAGUNA RTI V6 RED (item 220104388922 end time 20-Apr-07 17:38:06 BST)

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Good luck scatz, hope it all goes well for you, still like the song.
Regards Leroy

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Good luck with your new car Scatz, A nice little trip out for you and the kids, Tho I expect you will use more fuel on the way back than going eh ;)

Where about in Wales, Davesss lives in Wales.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck with your new car Scatz, A nice little trip out for you and the kids, Tho I expect you will use more fuel on the way back than going eh ;)

Where about in Wales, Davesss lives in Wales.

Regards

Ottoman
Not me and the kids, me and my OH cousin who's a mechanic. He'll check it over for me and drive my old Lag back.

Thanks all. I must say I am very excited.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Not me and the kids, me and my OH cousin who's a mechanic. He'll check it over for me and drive my old Lag back.

Thanks all. I must say I am very excited.
Good stuff, No sleep for you then, get the buckets and polish out already eh, Hope it's a nice day out on Sunday, Get the shades on and cruise home :cool:

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good stuff, No sleep for you then, get the buckets and polish out already eh, Hope it's a nice day out on Sunday, Get the shades on and cruise home :cool:
Aye, I'll be putting it through it paces alright on the way back to make sure it's all ok;)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Aye, I'll be putting it through it paces alright on the way back to make sure it's all ok;)

Go gently and take care now Scatz, Remember better to arrive safely than not at all ...I expect to see some pics of a shiny red Lag on the forums soon then ;)

By the pics it looked OK.. Enjoy it tho ...

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Well done Scatz!:)

I've bought cars unseen on ebay before with no problems,so you should be fine.

The best of luck to you and let us know how you get on.:)

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well done Scatz!:)

I've bought cars unseen on ebay before with no problems,so you should be fine.

The best of luck to you and let us know how you get on.:)
Cheers lag, I'll also let you know how I get on when I'm crippled with debt from running the thing:crazy: . Sometimes I think I'm mad and I must say the wife ain't to happy with me at the moment.....ah well......s**t happens eh:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Going from a 2.2d to a 3 litre petrol will be fun whilst it lasts,so enjoy it!.I've been there,and once went from a 1.9td Citroen ZX to a 2.6 v6 Audi A4.If I had my way,we'd still have the Audi,but females have a way of getting their point across......and celibacy is not to be recommended.It was a close call,but the Audi had to go.......I did cry when it went,though.:eek:

Enjoy the v6!.You will surprise a lot of tosspots in 3 series Beemers!:d:d:d

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You will surprise a lot of tosspots in 3 series Beemers!:d:d:d
Exactly, one of the reasons that I bought it is because it's low key which will make it much more fun leaving the beemers in my dust :rofl: and also because it wouldn't look so attractive to any chancer that decided he fancied a joyride home:steam: .

Anyhow, just paid my deposit to the chap so it's most definately mine now......just hope it's as good as it sounds:) .

Juiced the current Lag to the brim and 'Bar'red the tyres correctly for the journey tomorrow so all I gotta do now is watch the footy this aft (Come on you Gunners) and sleep tonight, which ain't gonna be easy:d .

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Certainly was, up until Spurs scored the equaliser......and it really pains me to say it but, what a goal!!

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Got it

Well, after a pretty uneventfull (thankfully) drive to Monmouth yesterday I purchased the car:d . The drive back was pretty good fun, even had a little race with an Aston at a ???mph (not that I'm in the habit of driving like that but I wanted to test the car and it was a clear stretch of the M4) and kept up with him although I'm sure he could have booted his quite a bit more unlike the beemer drivers who couldn't keep up with me :moonie: . Few minor things need sorting out;
  • 1 x Sidelight gone
  • Front lights need replacing to smarten it up, it's got those 'plastic' ones that, for want of a better word, melt from the inside due to the heat of the bulbs.
  • The insert between grill and front bumper is loosing it's laquer, don't really know what to do about that, anyone?
  • Sooner rather than later is gonna need brakediscs all round, although there's probably quite a few miles on 'em yet.
  • Air-con unit knackered but the bloke already has one on order and is forwarding it as soon as he receives.
One thing I do need to ask is about a rubbing come low squeeking noise when I reverse the car:( . I assumed it was because the brakes were hot and had expanded slightly, don't seem to notice it going forwards though and it does it after a short drive as well. If anyone's got any clue's about that I'd be grateful especially if it doesn't sound like an expensive repair, you can't ruin my dream just yet;) .

Anyway, all in all (so far) rather pleased with the car especially as it was only 750 nicka'. I'll post some picy's soon when I 've cleaned all the splattered bugs off.

Too add: I'll probably be asking all sorts of daft and not so daft questions over the coming days so, please, bear with me.

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For your viewing pleasure

Right, here she is in all her glory. The last picture showing the power without words (apart from those written on the engine :rolleyes: ).

I must admit that I cheated and ran her through the auto wash as the weather wasn't good enough today for a personal hand wash from yours truly. I shall be giving her the full treatment myself when the first warm and sunny day reappears.

Taken the wife and kids out in her today for their first spin and they've all fallen for her just as much as I have, if that's possible.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts