Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well hello everyone,Im Tim,I live in Swindon and i have just bought a 2001 Galoona DCi,Ive bought this as my second car as running a twin turbo Supra to and from work became very costly!,Anyway as for the Laguna its absolutely amazing,I only paid 2 and a half grand for it but by god was it worth the money!,I guess I have a few questions I wanted to know moreso about what engine it has as I cant find what spec it is apart from being a 1.9 DCi but obviosly there are many variations on it,Also why the boot lock has a funny five minutes and will only open after a sequence of button clicks on the card!

So anyway I will return to my home turn and be back soon!

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Hello & Welcome to the Forums STT.

I'm sure you will find lots of invaluable info on the Forums. It's a very people friendly place this, and lots of helpful folk .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
hi and welcome sst, the engine is a f9q, what else did you want to know?
ok try this and see what happens! lock the doors by pressing thelock button once you should see indicators flash then press and hold it again you should hear another locking noise and the indicators flash quickly, also depending on the spec try doing this with the window down it may shut automtically may also work on the sunroof too! this is the deadlocking function!
to open press the open button once you should only be able to open the drivers door, press the open button twice insucsetion and all doors can now be opened the fuel flap and the tailgate!
hope that is of some help
bigshow

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
welome to the forum stt.
if you look in the glove compartment it will tell you what model you have,let us know,the members will let you know the spec on your motor.

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
welome to the forum stt.
if you look in the glove compartment it will tell you what model you have,let us know,the members will let you know the spec on your motor.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
As 5th wheel says, there's usually a badge telling you the spec on the inside of the glove compartment door (yes, that's a really sensible place to put it, isn't it?) They do have a tendency to peel off though.

Failing that... on a phase 1 (pre-2005)...

Aluminium effect door handles would make it a Privilege or an Initiale. The Initiale has full leather (heated, motorised) seats and sat-nav as standard, though either can be specced as an option. The Priv has part leather.

Part leather and a rear spoiler, but body coloured door handles would make it a Dynamique. These also have 17" alloys, though the earlier Privileges and probably Initiales have too.

If it fits none of the above, then I'm guessing it's either an Authentique or an Expression. I can never remember which is the base model of the two, but the base one has black plastic door handles, with the higher one having body coloured ones (like the Dynamique but without the spoiler and definitely no 17" alloys.)

With a 1.9dCi, the spec may also dictate the power output. The higher trim levels were only available with the 120 horse unit, but others had lower powered versions of the same engine.

On later models, there's also the GT, but I'm not sure about the spec. On the phase II, the GT has custom leather at the very least as well as 'exclusive' engines. I'm not sure about the phase 1.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A now we are starting to get somewhere,Right,What I'm trying to work out is what the power out put is,Perhaps I wasnt being clear when I said it earlier,I know its a Dynamique but wasnt sure as I was contemplating an ECU upgrade as most of my driving is motorway I would like a bit more torque in 6th so I dont have to change down up hills to maintain speed,Well anyway here it is anyway...

·
Premium Member
1,300 Posts
excellent info horatio.
the base model is the authentique.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts