Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought with the card push button start it would be very very hard to steal obviously NOT, i am gutted i had just had new turbo new ball joints,4 new tyres, gutted,any boddy now of any others stolen, or if i was unlucky and pro thieves have done this?:steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Very sorry to hear of your Loss,

I dont think it does make it any harder to steal a car with the push button fitted, Obviously someone new what they were doing tho .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Can you give us some details about the car as it might be spotted or offered to other forum members.We might be able to catch the pond life that stole you car....

B4st4rds.....:steam::steam:

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Sorry to hear this if they want it they will get it, no car is full proof, Fu***** i hope they get caught but unlikely all the best Donald.

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
The Laguna II has a transponder immobiliser, so there's only a few possibilities:
1) They've managed to get hold of one of the legitimate keycards, stolen from or lost by you or a previous owner.
2) A shady employee at a garage you've used has programmed the card to recognise a spare card and then handed it to crooks with details of where you live.
3) They've towed the car 'stolen to order' with the intent of stripping it to rebuild another one.
4) They've come prepared with a keycard, UCH and ECU and fitted them all at the roadside.

To be honest, my guess is that it's one of the first two. Options 3 is a long shot, and option 4 is too risky and resource consuming for such a run-of-the-mill motor.

If there is a flaw with the Laguna, is that you only need to defeat the immobiliser. For most cars, option 2 above wouldn't be realistic because you'd also need to get a new ignition key cut. Renault have recently taken steps to prevent this kind of card cloning, but there's still some truly 'blank' cards available through the likes of eBay that can be programmed to any car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the replys the car has know been found burnt out (what a fu#kin# waste) hope my insurance dont take to long.

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
i thought with the card push button start it would be very very hard to steal obviously NOT, i am gutted i had just had new turbo new ball joints,4 new tyres, gutted,any boddy now of any others stolen, or if i was unlucky and pro thieves have done this?:steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam: :steam:
:d you lucky git i wish someone would take mine:d :moonie:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think i will buy another lag 11,i spent a lot on my other but it was worth it as the drive was amazing,i will make sure my next one has had a new turbo and get it checked over by a friend of mine.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
i think i will buy another lag 11,i spent a lot on my other but it was worth it as the drive was amazing,i will make sure my next one has had a new turbo and get it checked over by a friend of mine.
:) great i hope the insurance a are quick and helpful so you are back on the road as soon as possible,Happy Lag II hunting all the best Donald.

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
i would consider moving garages too judst in case it was them who gave out your details

·
Registered
2 Posts
lost /stolen keycard

My son got mugged yesterday and had, as well as wallet, driving licence and house key, his one and only remaining laguna 2 keycard stolen. I understand the process about having to get a new keycard from Renault but I was told once the keycard arrives I have to take the car to the dealer to get the keycard programmed. There lies the problem - car locked and handbrake on in Edinburgh and it is going to take at least a week to get a new card and no idea how I am going to get the car to the dealer! Is this the only way or can some dealers or others go to the car to do the programming?
I could get a keycard quicker on ebay but sounds like this wont work?
Any ideas ?

P

·
0 Posts
Sorry to hear that, hope he's OK.

Not sure if it would be covered, but do you have breakdown recovery?

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes tried that initially but got unclear answer on whether they would charge or not = might try them again but can't see how they will get it on a trailer as can't get into it unfortunately. (son is ok, thanks, head wound and broken wrist but could have been worse)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts